Italian problem. GL-MT300N-V2 doesn't found chanel 13

Up to today I’ve been successfully using my GL-MT300N-V2 as a repeater for a Vodafone device. The GL-MT300N-V2 connects to the Vodafone ’s wifi network in ‘repeater’ mode, and then I connect a device (my pc) that only supports ethernet to the GL-MT300N-V2. This means the my pc can effectively use the Vodafone device’s network through the GL-MT300N-V2.

This suddenly didn’t work today because the GL-MT300N-V2 can’t find the Vodafone’s wifi network anymore. If found the reason is that the Vodafone Station has decided to go onto 2.4Ghz channel 13. The Vodafone station can’t permit to change what channel it chooses. I’m in Italy where ch 13 is legal, but my GL-MT300N-V2 came from Amazon so might’ve originally been shipped from the US

My question is can I change the wifi regulatory domain to support channels 12-13 in repeater mode?

I found a lot of guide but they don’t work.
I tried to change setting into Luci but there isn’t adavance setting in wireless area. I installed latest firmware (march 23).
I tried through ssh to change country without result.
Many thanks for your support in advance

Can you show a screenshot of the LuCI page?

Can you show what change you tried through SSH?

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

2.4G 13 Channels are supported.

You need exec thr following commands:

uci set wireless.mt7628.country='DE'
uci set wireless.mt7628.channel='13'
uci commit wireless
reboot

Dear all, thanks for your support.

At the moment I can’t send the screenshoot of LUCI (I’ll take it in the afternoon).

The commands that I used are similar as lizh indicated:

uci set wireless.mt7628.country=‘IT’
uci set wireless.mt7628.region=‘5’
uci set wireless.mt7628.channel=‘13’
uci commit wireless
wifi

I received an error after last command. I’ll try with “reboot” instead of “wifi”.
I don’t know if the region is correct (5)

If I check the wireless conf. “country”, “region” and “channel” are present properly in the conf.
Thanks

Try skipping the region=“5” line and reboot after commit.

1 Like

Perfect. The command is “rem uci set wireless.mt7628.region=‘5’”? Or what is the default value? Thanks

My GL.iNet routers (US version) do not set any country or region.

Here is a list of regions:

It works!!! Thank you so much !!!
Fantastic forum

Ok, now that this issue is solved, understand that you might not want to use any random 2.4GHz channel but limit yourself to 1, 6, and 11. (and hope your neighbors do the same).