List of current feature requests 2022

hi all,
new to the product, i use a-lot of static ip, it would be nice if we could download a csv of them, also just sort by ip would be nice.
Thanks

Afternoon, add the ability to enter ussd commands (GL-E750), the absence of this option is very difficult to activate and recharge the sim card.

Fix gltertf to not waste space on mac_vendor.db, eg. this and this.

I suggest using sqlite3_open_v2 with the SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY flag so that the database is not opened in a writable mode.

This would free up over 900kB in writable storage for user purposes.

2 Likes

I’d love to be able to use my own domain name in the wireguard client configs. Hoping this could be easily configurable via the awesome GUI rather than getting in under the hood.

Another feature would be to setup the ability to implement the extroot configuration via the GUI: [OpenWrt Wiki] Extroot configuration

Its a great way to expand the available memory to really push the devices to their fullest capabilities with the freedom to add what ever the user chooses.

1 Like

Already do this in firmware 4.x

2 Likes

Cool, any chance of a backport to whatever comes after 3.211? I mean, it’s not hard for me to truncate the database on my own, but it’d be nice to remove that step from my customizer script.

1 Like

Nice to have a feature that pass all traffic through SSH tunnel + killSwitch (same as OpenVPN and WireGuard opts). And a VERY nice feature is to create configurable chains like SSH->OpenVPN, SSH->Tor or maybe WireGuard->SSH->Tor.

1 Like

This may be a difficult decision.

Could we have AdGuard Home not override DNS for VPN clients? The rest of the clients should still use the DNS set in AGH.

This makes things too complicated.

1 Like

hello, multiple simultaneous vpn connections with load balancing between them would be nice to have

2 Likes

I would agree. We need policy based routing. So I can send traffic via multiple wg-client tunnels and OVPN.

1 Like

Yes please do this omg this world e awesome then i can cut my raspberry pi out of the loop and i can access all my devices from my phone without always being on a vpn.

Would it be possible to monitor Data usage data through the LTE Modem (SIM card usage).

I have done a search, but can’t see anything mentioned other than this thread.

I would also appreciate more detail and control of data usage. Right now, it does show upload and download data for the modem and for VPN, but I think these currently reset when the connection resets. Would be nice to have a total that the user can reset or can configure in different ways.

Also, it would be nice to get 5G modems in the SIM card routers this year or next year. Hopefully a good global modem with good speeds for all regions.

Have you tried to install vnstat? I use vnstat2 on my Asus routers, and I have vnstat1 installed on my Mango. That shows daily, monthly and all time usage under the Status tab of Luci.

We need a new home UI. Something with a wan usage graph, maybe uptime, memory, etc.

@elorimer Thank you for that, I will give it a go and so how it can be applied to this use case.

For clarity, my Provider allows me xGB of data over a defined period. Ideally, it would be nice if a countdown could show how much data is left for that period. Or, more basically, a count of the actual data used over the period versus the amount of data available. The period start and end times being definable.

EDIT: SMS/eMail sent as a warning at a threshold/daily

You might start a new thread for this. Vnstat allows you to set the start date but I think is limited to a monthly period, and can show you how much you have remaining whenever you update the database. So basically you want:

• A script that runs on a chron daily
  • updates the vnstat database
  • wraps the report in an email and sends the email
  • backs up the database to a non-volatile place to preserve it across reboots. (But not often.)

All that seems doable to me.