List of current feature requests 2022

Need the ability to use x750 as a bridge instead of router

1 Like
  • multiple vlans / network segmentation
  • blocking malicious IP addresses
  • vulnerability scanner (open ports etc.)
1 Like

+1 for this! :slight_smile:

Blocking of malicious IP addresses is a feature in AdGuard Home, using a list like:

https://oisd.nl/downloads

will block ads and malware quite well - however there are other lists which are specifically for malicious IPs if you don’t want to block ads. OISD offers a list of their included lists for fine-tuning:

https://oisd.nl/includedlists

What were you thinking on this one? To scan other devices or a kind of “good housekeeping” for the GL-iNet device?

I will go with the former one, actually I was just thinking about

Add an LTE card that supports B48, 3.5-3.7GHz. In the US, the FCC has set up part 96, CBRS, for private LTE and I’d like to see an option for an LTE card (and antennas) in GL.iNet devices with support.

Hello!
Another function -that is not too important- but I’m sure that some people may want.
Possibility of choosing in which interface Captive Portal (nodogsplash) is wanted from UI
Thank you.

Option to add an automatic retry option to failed WG connections?
after a reboot of routers to which i have over 40 in use across the country i find on occasion they fail to succesfully connect to the WG server and to fix i need to manually connect and Abort the connection and then hit to connect again and it works fine.

My guess as to why this happens is WG is trying to connect whilst the router is still trying to finalise or complete the connection to the local WIFI repeater.

This seems to flag on the console and shows an orange instead of green below so if it does fail a pause for 30sec or 60secs abort and retry may give time for issues to reoslve.

2 Likes

Need config site to site via Wireguard from router UI 2 or more routers that would be easy to customize without GoodGloud, it’s possible to add in this feature new firmware?

Add a well-thought-out and functional parental control with the ability to enable different cloudflare dns filters for clients, for children a filter for children (1.1.1.3 (No Malware or Adult Content)), for other clients a regular dns server 1.1.1.1 or 1.1.1.2 (No Malware) with the ability to adjust the time on the Internet. Example

Is it possible to add “mesh via ethernet” for routers with mesh supporting link 1 and link 2

hardware side: glinet router usually 2x2:2 for each band, why not go for 3x3 or 4x4 or is it not much difference?

For GL-MT1300 Beryl, add an on router simple browser or/and optimise passthrough to client device for when a hotel WiFi hotspot captive portal is used when I’m using Beryl as a travel router (current implementation is very problematic for me, even with DNS rebind option disabled).

1 Like

I agree. Parental control with device clustering would be nice, so I could cluster the kids devices together and block certain sites but allow access to YouTube for myself.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking into it.

I second this. I’ve been in more than a dozen hotels in six weeks, and in each one using a separate device to log in to the hotel, and then cloning the Mac is an overall pain. Further, when using an ethernet wire, it’s even more difficult.

In addition, a bare bones browser that doesn’t block sites and code makes it much easier to troubleshoot. (current mainstream browsers may be good for keeping an idiot “safe” but are terrible for troubleshooting an issue.

Hello!
Is it possible that instead of having to choose between Mac Address and Domain/IP, they could all work together on VPN Policy Rules?

2 Likes

You can choose only one, not both. Otherwise it is too complicated to understand.

For example, if you set your desktop to use vpn while set google.com not using vpn, when you access google.com on your desktop, should it go via vpn or not?

There is 32 combinations and really cannot be usable.

Add DoH, DoT, and DoQ blocking (Override DNS Settings for All Clients)

1 Like

Please add CIFS kernel support to GL-MV1000 ubuntu image. It would make this little box so much more flexible in a mixed eco system. Love this thing!

1 Like

OK. I understand.
I thought it could be done some priority system or something to be able to combine the two policies.

Thank you.