MiFi GPIO acitve port

Hi,
We are planning to use few GPIO ports of MiFi. but we found some GPIO ports were used.
Can we get a list of GPIO port usage by default firmware, so we can determine which port is spare and we can use it?
list for MN300T v1 and v2 too.

Thank you.

On the J4 header:
Pin 1 - 5V
Pin 2 - 3.3V
Pin 3 - Gnd
Pin 4 - GPIO 0 (3G/4G LED)
Pin 5 - GPIO 1 (WAN LED)
Pin 6 - GPIO 13 (Bootloader uses this, so if you are wiring you must maintain it HIGH at power on)
Pin 7 - GPIO 14
Pin 8 - GPIO 15
Pin 9 - GPIO 16 (LAN LED)
Pin 10 - GPIO 17
Pin 11 - GPIO 27 (WAN LED)
Pin 12 - GPIO 26
Pin 13 - GND
Pin 14 - GPIO 7 (USB Power Switch)
Pin 15 - GPIO 6 (USB A Power, battery version)
Pin 16 - JTAG
Pin 17 - GPIO 8 (USB A Power, non-battery version)
Pin 18 - GPIO 28 (Bootloader uses this, so if you are wiring be aware of conflict with boot states)

J3 also allows for access to 5 additional GPIOs (GPIO 18,19,20,21,22 and GND). Have never dealt with those but I do not believe they are in use for anything.

Can’t comment on the MN300T, don’t have any myself.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

It is weird. one MiFi (no battery version), once powered on, Pin 10(GPIO 17) will be set high.
but other few MiFis do not. (no battery and battery version)

Have you checked to see if it has an old/different version of the bootloader? I would suggest trying to reflash it with the latest/proper one and see if that solves the issue. Otherwise it could be a hardware problem. There were/have been numerous PCB revisions of the MiFi, check the PCB itself and see if the hardware version stamped on it matches the others.

We use GPIO 17 for our own MiFi application and have never had an issue with controlling it. On the problem unit does it respond to controls from Linux command line, or is it just always high?