MT300N V1 Bricked, Uboot not working

I was talking with GL staff, they were kindly assisting me and they suggested I try the test firmware to see if it would fix other firmware related bugs I was experiencing; I had mistakenly downloaded and flashed V2… they were all in the same folder not like the other firmwares and I had not seen the V2 at the end of the extension; a folder labeled with a warning would be very helpful to prevent bricking. So I had followed the procedure to unbrick my device; and it does not work. Uboot does not load.

1. Unplugged router.
  2. Connected only one cable to the LAN port on the router. The other to my computer.
  3. Plugged in device, pressed and held the Reset button firmly;
  4. The LED started to blink. Held for 3 blinks.
  5. Released the button.
  6. LED’s flashed rapidly multiple times.
  7. Set my computer’s IP address to 192.168.1.2 / subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

Used Firefox, Internet explorer, and Chrome to visit http://192.168.1.1
Nothing happens.Used multiple computers; tried both lan and wan, tried plugging the cables before and after it was turned on. Disabled firewall. No luck. Looks like a defective unit? Anyone have any suggestions?

I can see the mac address of the device using xarp; Wireshark shows some but almost no interaction taking place.

This is all that is moving back and fourth between the computer and the router, nothing more

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.1
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3400.0 Iron Safari/537.36
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/apng,/;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9

Seems you are doing it correct, because Step 5 the LED flashed rapidly.

For MT300N, Step 3, you just keep the button pressed and it will enter uboot web failsafe automatically. You will see LED flash quickly.

Can you do this again? Pls check this video: GL-MT300N or GL-MT300A, how to enter uboot webUI - YouTube