I was talking with GL staff, they were kindly assisting me and they suggested I try the test firmware to see if it would fix other firmware related bugs I was experiencing; I had mistakenly downloaded and flashed V2… they were all in the same folder not like the other firmwares and I had not seen the V2 at the end of the extension; a folder labeled with a warning would be very helpful to prevent bricking. So I had followed the procedure to unbrick my device; and it does not work. Uboot does not load.
- Unplugged router.
- Connected only one cable to the LAN port on the router. The other to my computer.
- Plugged in device, pressed and held the Reset button firmly;
- The LED started to blink. Held for 3 blinks.
- Released the button.
- LED’s flashed rapidly multiple times.
- Set my computer’s IP address to 192.168.1.2 / subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
Used Firefox, Internet explorer, and Chrome to visit http://192.168.1.1
Nothing happens.Used multiple computers; tried both lan and wan, tried plugging the cables before and after it was turned on. Disabled firewall. No luck. Looks like a defective unit? Anyone have any suggestions?
I can see the mac address of the device using xarp; Wireshark shows some but almost no interaction taking place.
This is all that is moving back and fourth between the computer and the router, nothing more
GET / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3400.0 Iron Safari/537.36
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate