MT300NV2: SSID not persist

I bought MT300NV2 and configured it over Wifi.
I have updated the firmware to latest version by uploading a firmware file over Wifi.

And I have changed SSID(wifi name) and password. I also imported some VPN configuration and tried it.

However your router MT300NV2 change its SSID to it’s original factory default name when:

a. the router reconnect openVPN client
b. the router restarted
c. I plug it off and plug it in

Why this groundbreaking bug exist? Can’t yo fix this?
Can you let the router REMEMBER and USE my SSID settings(wifi name, password, wifi signal strength)?

TLDR: Fix MT300NV2’s firmware because its SSID data is not persist. This is EASY to reproduce.

I want MT300NV2 to remember and always use my SSID and password, no matter the connection status is.

Did you reset the settings when updating? If not, that would be the first thing that I would try in your place.

1 Like

Sure I do. I know how to configure CISCO router or other devices.

No solution? have you ever tried to fix this firmware?

The SSID should always persist.

Can you check if your flash is full and the router cannot run normally?

Apart from re-flashing the (correct?) firmware and trying with another client/browser I have no suggestions.

Had a similar issue with a b1300 this weekend. All looked good initially but luci showed unsaved changes which I could not get to commit and defaults would persist . Did a uboot firmware recovery and all good.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I’m having exactly the same one and don’t know how to solve it permanently. I’ve tried the uboot recovery and it made no difference. The only mentions of ssid I could find in the system log were the following

daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S30gl_ssids: uci: Entry not found
daemon.notice procd: /etc/init.d/network: Segmentation fault
daemon.notice procd: /etc/init.d/gl_ssids: uci: Entry not found

Any help would be appreciated.

Can we do a remote check? Hasn’t been able to replicate this problem here.

Hi, it randomly decided to work as expected and the ssid now persists on reboot/disconnection. I didn’t do anything to achieve this so I assume there must be some form of firmware bug. If it happens again I’ll let you know.

We finally got the router back for analysis.

The router comes with a clean firmware that does not have our stuff. So it is a 3rd-party firmware.

So totally confused.