Mudi auto shutoff

I don’t think this is in the default firmware already.

any plans to implement the same in default firmware ?

@yuxin.zou can you have a check?

1 Like

guys do we have any update on this please.
@alzhao , @yuxin.zou

We will develop this feature, but not soon. Around the second half of the year.

Is it possible to also develop a feature to switch off all radio signals, including LTE signal, when the device is on “standby mode” ? Currently, when on standby, only wifi signal is switched off but LTE remains active which consumes considerable battery, which defeats the purpose of “standy” mode.
This is also discussed on other threads, but no clear answer is given.
This feature along with auto-shutdown will be two great additions of power management on hopefully upcoming 4.2 update.
Appreciated

1 Like

Putting this in the feature requrest again. There was discussion and finally decided to keep the modem active. But need to check if the reason is still valid.

Im also interested in using the xe 300 as a vehicle hotspot, among other uses. One thing I don’t like is that I have to manually turn it off every time I turn the ignition off, since my vehicle’s power outlets turn off after 5 minutes. It would be nice if there was a whole config page to determine power on and off conditions.

1 Like

Noob here. How do I modify auto-off. Sh script? Do I need a plugin to do that? Are there any prerequisites?

It is a sh script. So need to ssh to the router, modify and test.

I don’t know how to do code. Is there an official guide on how to get auto power off functionality? I would like my device to automatically power off after 15 minutes of no clients being detected. But only on battery mode. When my vehicle shuts off, the USB port turns off as well so this drains the battery unless I manually turn it off which I normally forget to do. This really needs to be a configurable setting in my view.

I’m also interested on this on Puli device to use in car.

@luochongjun Please can you also include this feature in version 4.x. Thanks in advance.

@yuxin.zou please can you help us by including this feature in version 4.x for mudi E750 as it is still under development.

All older products will be upgraded to version 4.3.2, which will not include new features.
This feature should be added in future version.

1 Like

Add workaround to add a script that survives sysupgrade:
For example, the target script is
/root/power_save.sh

1. edit /etc/rc.local to add script call
vi /etc/rc.local

add this line:
sh /root/power_save.sh

1. make the script survive sysupgrade:
    echo -e “\n/root/power_save.sh” >>/etc/sysupgrade.conf