Mudi GL-E750 Mini Review

Sorry MiFi is not programmable in the power part.

I am disappointed because I bought the GL-MiFi 4G Smart Router that was a waste of money 6 months ago. Now here is this device and I wonder if it is any better in terms of speed.

Speed may mean:

VPN speed
LTE speed
WiFi speed
Ethernet speed

So pls specify. It is better that you just give you requirement of the numbers.

How easy is it to swap the PCIe modem for another one? I plan to travel to different regions and I don’t want to purchase and carry multiple devices. I want to purchase multiple PCIe cards instead.

@virtu789

Maybe you should considering getting the Eg25-G which is the "global’ modem and covers more of the bands. I use an EP06-E optimised for here in Australia but when I travel will swap in a eg25-g. Once for the whole trip, then swap back out on my return😂

That’s what I was looking for, but their sales told me they don’t offer a global version…

However after your suggestion I searched their store and found what I think you are referring to:

But… I don’t see the G version listed in the specs…I need to check the bands to see how truly global it is…for example, will it work in Japan? they have a separate card just for Japan, must be a reason for that too…

@virtu789
Funny you mention Japan, my son just went there this year to work in at Universal Studios. He was very disappoint as to why his Aussie phone wouldn’t work there. He ended up buying a Umidigi in Japan which works a treat because it has the correct bands :slight_smile:

You’d be best to check your prefered Japanese Telco band support and match it against the EG25-G to see if it supports the appropriate bands.

If I look at the EC25-J specs for Japan and compare to the EG25-G looks like all the bands in the “Japan only” module are covered. I think Band 18/19 are the “illusive” bands on many devices especially for Docomo.

(Now more interested since I intend to go see son WHEN everything settles down and take my Mudi (with EC25-G) :slight_smile:

Thanks, this is very useful to know!

Where did you get the specs for the G model - do you have the link so I can see the whole worksheet?

The second link @limbot posted has the bands at the bottom:

Yes, my bad, I missed the previous link. Thanks so much to both of you. It solves my issues.

@limbot: thanks again for a thorough original review.
Since you owned both MiFi and Mudi: which one is more reliable in terms of:

• picking up strong 4G signal
  • maintaining steady OpenVPN client connection
  • reliable WiFi repeater mode
  • battery life

The above features is what I mostly care about. What would be your pick?

@virtu789

My personal opinion

• Both use the same LTE boards and both have internal anteannas
  • The Mudi has better processor and more memory. The product sheets show it as having better OpenVPN performance.
  • The MiFi is only 150Mbps single band. The Mudi is dual band (300Mbps on the 2.4Ghz) so you can repeat on one channel and use the other channel for your WLAN. As such you don’t lose 50% of your band width like the MiFi
  • The Mudi has a bigger battery

Other thinks to consider:

1. The Mudi is heavier than the MiFi
  2. To get a 2 LAN/WAN ports you need to use a USB adapter on the Mudi (built into the MiFi)
  3. The display on the Mudi is much better than just LEDs.
  4. The Mudi is more expensive

Sadly this is really based just on specs and I can’t really give you a real life comparison, but my MiFi is living in it’s box since I got the Mudi :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

So I think what I’m hearing from you, if particularly high Wifi bandwidth is not needed, they both performed equally well for you wrt connectivity and reliability, and you don’t have any major issues with one or the other…?

Umm no I actually think that Mudi is a much better product.

1 Like

Generally the Mudi has better wifi performance overall, both in speed an reception.

1 Like

What’s the verdict on the battery life between the two models? Mudi is 7000mAh vs. MiFi 5000mAh, but Mudi probably drains the battery faster because of the better processor and LCD…?

Since the processor is generally not running at 100% all the time, the battery life is actually better on the Mudi in general use.

I have both the Mudi and Mifi, on Mudi i get around 12 hours, on Mifi something like 8.

1 Like

Never really run either for an extended period as these are both “travel” routers for me so use in short bursts rather than long sessions

Don’t forget too that the Mudi supports powersave via the power button which you can use to easily put into “flight mode”, so quickly turn off the radios to save power then quickly bring them back up again. Not available on the Mifi where you have to turn off and then reboot to get back on or fudge around in the gui.

1 Like

Hello!
I see that Mudi only has one LAN port with the Replicator. Is it possible to make VLAN on Mudi to create more than one LAN port through the Replicator to a Switch for example and having different IP ranges??
Bye!

You may not create vlan for switches. But managed switches may have vlan itself.