MV1000w Custom Firmware

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to build a custom firmware for the MV1000. I’ve done this previously with the AR750, but we need something more powerfull.

Previously with the AR750 I’d go to the OpenWRT site, grab the image builder, extract, and run the following command to build the custom firmware with my set of packages and custom set of files (configures openvpn, wan/lan, ssh, etc…)

make image PROFILE=gl-ar750 PACKAGES="-dnsmasq -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe -odhcp6c -odhcpd-ipv6only bash port-mirroring tcpdump vim nmap openvpn-openssl netcat kmod-usb-net-pl kmod-usb-serial-pl2303 screen kmod-usb-serial-ftdi" FILES="files/"

I’m trying to replicate this on the MV1000, the process looks a bit different.

I’m following the instructions outlined on this Github repo: GitHub - gl-inet/openwrt: This repository is fork from openwrt official repo, we will update the latest tag and release GL.iNet firmware based on it.

I setup my build environment, cloned the repo, and updated the feeds.

I run ‘make menuconfig’ and setup all of my parameters for the MV1000. My config file is located here, I couldn’t post it to this thread.

Once I exited menuconfig, I run the command make V=s -j5 and the environment builds.

I then navigate to bin/targets/mvebu/cortexa53 and find the file openwrt-imagebuilder-mvebu-cortexa53.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz.

I extract this file with tar xf openwrt-imagebuilder-mvebu-cortexa53.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz and switch into the new directory.

I run the command: make image PROFILE=“gl-mv1000-emmc” PACKAGES=“-dnsmasq -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe -odhcp6c -odhcpd-ipv6only bash port-mirroring tcpdump vim nmap openvpn-openssl netcat kmod-usb-net-pl kmod-usb-serial-pl2303 screen kmod-usb-serial-ftdi”
note: I left off the FILES=“files/” portion to see if it would build first.

And it fails on the following

Configuring kmod-ipt-offload.
Configuring urngd.
Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package bash.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package port-mirroring.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package tcpdump.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package vim.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package nmap.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package netcat.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-net-pl.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-serial-pl2303.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package screen.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-serial-ftdi.
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:158: package_install] Error 255
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:118: _call_image] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:208: image] Error 2

I’m not certain where I’m going wrong.

Thanks for any assistance,

I have verified that the ImagetBuilder, maybe you compiled is missing these packages.
You can compile these packages separately and put them in the packages directory.

Lizh,

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Reza