My router stops working when I connect OpenVPN

I am using the Shadow for travel for the sole purpose of installing a VPN on it and masking that I am out of the country. I tested out the whole setup (it’s with NordVPN) before I left. Today, I began work again and the router wasn’t connecting to the Internet. I am using the Shadow as a repeater. I tried resetting the whole thing and the internet worked, until I connected it to the VPN. Below, I’ve pasted the status message I’m receiving:

SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to ‘AES-256-CBC’ but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add ‘AES-256-CBC’ to --data-ciphers or change --cipher ‘AES-256-CBC’ to --data-ciphers-fallback ‘AES-256-CBC’ to silence this warning.

OpenVPN 2.5.2 mips-openwrt-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD]

library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1k 25 Mar 2021

Restart pause, 5 second(s)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try to disable the tracking service for repeater mode in GL web interface.

So without vpn the Internet works?

Maybe the network is blocking your vpn?

Oh, I should have specified! I am able to connect to the VPN from my phone when I am on that same network! But the router stops working when I put the VPN onto it.

How would this be done?

I am not seeing that Multi-WAN page…but I see in your background that yours says “Admin Panel v4.0” where as mine only says “Admin Panel”

Time to upgrade then: GL.iNet download center

I did this and my router has disconnected from everything. I tried to reset it but it looks like that didn’t work either.

Did you upgrade with the right version?
There are 2 versions, the ar300m16 and the ar300 - which one is yours?

Oh I see…mine is the ar300m16, I downloaded for ar300m

Time to debrick then: Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Router Docs 4