New Tor firmware for GL-AR150 and GL.iNet6416

Details can be found here:

Please try and feedback. Thanks!

Nice! Does this already include transparent TOR over the LAN connection? Please include that info in the article.

EDIT
My bad, it is mentioned already… will try it in a minute. Very curious for the Domino GUI!

Yes. LAN is always have Tor.

I just updated the firmware to V1.2, including features about Reset key settings.

running 1.2 now and having a closer look.

the editor, how does that work?
The textfile is displayed a bit strange, partly in the green bar at the top. And i’m not able to edit the file.

Using firefox 41.02 on a Ubuntu machine.

No page is registered at ‘/webpanel/homepage’.
If this url belongs to an extension, make sure it is properly installed.
If the extension was recently installed, try removing the /tmp/luci-indexcache file.

HUH?

I wanted to flash on my AR150 but the Domino firmware seems to have left a dirty cache, or a cookie that doesn’t taste good.

But when flushing the cache, and deleting the cookie still no joy…
What is going on here?

Is this stuff really needed?
I mean, we live in a in a world where people more and more are blocking scripts and cookies (noscript).
What is the reason for using cookies and scripts here? Wouldn’t it be better not to use that stuff at all?

How do I get around this in a simple way?

I can’t log in on the AR150
I can get to the (blue) homepage of the AR150 but it keeps refreshing all the time, so i can’t log in. Now there is nothing important i’m my case. But this is big fail when you want to help someone else who also has an OpenWRT router.
Anyway, this should not happen. (should never happen)

So, how do I get around this?
And more important how to avoid this from happening at all?

Mainly because a router is the most important device in a network. And you can’t expect from random users to jump trough hoops for something as basic as a login on their own router.

So this is definitely not a feature. Although it may not be accepted as a bug when the scripts in itself work as intended… So I hope this will be reviewed with the end user in mind. Someone who buys a router for a friend and then runs into this… (thats a big show stopper)

I know, this is more like a beta test, but i like to look a bit forward into the future, and improve the end user experience.

EDIT===========
For Linux users: Log in with the Guest account. (this gives you a fresh browser)
After flashing the TOR firmware (from the guest account) It was again possible to gain access to the router (in my main account). So the Domino.io firmware and the GLi firmware are a bit in eachothers way.

Another thing i noticed:
The Editor wants to connect to Domino.io… I suppose this is not what you want in a router that should reclaim privacy.

A little bit lost.

Seems you have a problem accessing your AR150 after you flash the stock firmware, back from the Tor firmware right?

I know there is a cache issue. You can clear all your browser cache to try.

Or you can try http://192.168.8.1/index.html?index. By adding ?index it asked the browser not to load from cache.

For the Editor, it is a reserved feature from Domino.io firmware, which should be removed for Tor firmware. To use the editor, you have to have Internet connection, because it need to reload ACE script from domino.io website. Seems we need to remove the editor directly.

Yea, it’s strange why clearing the cache did not solve it.

for some reason i got redirected to:
http://192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/login.html?20151029

The problem is when i now connect a AR150 with the stock firmware then the Domino’s stuff in the cache doesn’t allow the (blue) GLi homepage to load properly.
So it seems that my firefox doesn’t clear the cache anymore. When i use the Guest account then i always have a clean browser so i will use that. I will find a way around it. It’s just that i think you will want to avoid this altogether from happening to random users.

http://192.168.8.1/index.html?index works. Think is that in case a user runs into this issue and is locked out from the net he will not be able to find this solution when he needs it most. Anyway most users only have one router… So i may be taking this to far.

Yea it might be best to remove the Domino editor.

Looking forward to the next update, it’s a very nice configuration!

Would be nice to have a sandbox’ed hidden service that can be switched on and off (hosting from a directory on USB or from flash)

IF a USB is used then only host files from a folder named /torhs To prevend files from being hosted accidentally if someone unwittingly plugs in a USB with random data. If there is no folder named /torhs present then nothing can be shared.

/torhs meaning tor hidden service… can be any other name naturally…

And what about adding DNScrypt?

I will try dnscript and update the firmware.

Which product and firmware that support the cgminer for antminer?

There is a firmware for 6416. You can download from here:

http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/v1/openwrt-gl-cgminer-ant.bin

@frietpan, I did some research about dns. Seems Tor forces dns resolve from the exit node’s dns server.

So, what is the point of adding DNScrypt?

Seems dnscrypt will enforce dns resolving security. But, how does it add value to tor?

Hmm maybe i misunderstood,

have a look at this:

“DNS Leaking” happens when your system, even after you’ve connected to a a VPN or anonymity network like Tor, continues to query your ISP’s DNS servers every time you visit a new website, connect to a new server, or fire up a new internet-connected application. Ultimately, it means that even though your traffic is encrypted, your ISP—or worse, anyone snooping on the “last mile” of your internet connection (aka, the network between your computer and your ISP)—can clearly see everything you connect to you’re going on the internet and every site you visit on the web.

But if TOR forces resolve from the exit node then you are probably right. But does that actually prevent this issue?

BTW. Can the current config also be used as hidden service? The rotary encoder project (404 Page not found - GL.iNet) would be nice when it could run on a hidden service. Then you can have a transparent way to connect 2 devices over the internet, one controller and one receiver. Without having the risk to compromise a network. (encrypted IoT) and also a lower risk that someone else controls a IoT who should not be controlling it.