No feed for package?

Hi,

I am trying to compile some software to run on my GL-AR300M so I installed the SDK but I am having problems with it (it’s the first time I try that, so sorry if I am doing something very wrong…).

To see if everything it setup alright I tried to build a package with

make package/util-linux/compile

But there I got missing depencencies, among them

WARNING: Makefile ‘package/linux/Makefile’ has a dependency on ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2’, which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile ‘package/linux/Makefile’ has a dependency on ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb3’, which does not exist

So I tried to install that, yet when I try:

./scripts/feeds install kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2

I get:

WARNING: No feed for package ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2’ found

What is the problem here?

Many thanks!

Could at least someone confirm that the sdk 1806 for ramips is indeed working (so it is me doing something wrong?).

I would not want to waste a lot of time only to discover that there is a problem with the sdk…

I did a “./scripts/feeds install -a” and this error now appears:

tmp/.config-package.in:64975:error: recursive dependency detected!
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection “Kconfig recursive dependency limitations”
tmp/.config-package.in:64975: symbol PACKAGE_freeswitch depends on PACKAGE_freeswitch-mod-perl
tmp/.config-package.in:66131: symbol PACKAGE_freeswitch-mod-perl is selected by PACKAGE_freeswitch-mod-verto
tmp/.config-package.in:66799: symbol PACKAGE_freeswitch-mod-verto depends on PACKAGE_freeswitch

Can you tell me which SDK did you install? i.e. which guide did you use?

Your guide.

As far as I remember I did “git clone GitHub - gl-inet/sdk: OpenWRT SDK for GL.iNet devices

And then ran the download.sh.

Not much support for the SDK here it seems …

I am trying to compile the taskserver binary using a Makefile from here: Guide on creating new packages - For Developers - OpenWrt Forum.

I have an AR300M and I am now trying with the ar71xx SKD (is that the right one - your guide does not mention this model)?

Again I have the same problem as in the ramips tree:

…/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx> make package/taskserver/compile -j1 V=s
Collecting package info: done
WARNING: Makefile ‘package/linux/Makefile’ has a dependency on ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2’, which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile ‘package/linux/Makefile’ has a dependency on ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb3’, which does not exist
tmp/.config-package.in:36:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libc’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:64:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libgcc’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:149:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libpthread’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:290:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_ubus’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:305:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_ubusd’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:319:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_uci’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1601:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libblobmsg-json’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1774:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libiwinfo’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1790:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libjson-c’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1890:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libnl-tiny’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1999:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libubox’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2025:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libubus’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2052:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libuci’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2648:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_iwinfo’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2661:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_jshn’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2732:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libjson-script’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’

configuration written to .config

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx’
env: ‘time’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:107: package/feeds/base/ncurses/host/compile] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx’
make: *** [/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx/include/toplevel.mk:211: package/taskserver/compile] Error 2
…/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx> ./scripts/feeds install kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2
WARNING: No feed for package ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2’ found
…/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx> ./scripts/feeds install kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb3
WARNING: No feed for package ‘kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb3’ found
…/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx>

So for whatever reason there are dependencies on kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb2 and kmod-phy-bcm-ns-usb3 that I cannot install…

People have sucessfully compiled this software for openwrt, so I would like to understand what I am doing wrong here…

And is there a way to run plain openwrt on this device (the community there seems to be so much more helpful)?

Looks like the kmods required are not there. Are you able to copy them from the OpenWRT package tree?

Did you follow the entire guide step by step? You ran

./scripts/feeds update -f

I compile using the SDK very often and have no issues. There might be issues with those specific packages you are trying to build. Write me which ones and I can test it.

Yes I did a “feeds update -f”.

I am not really trying to compile a specific package, but a piece of software that currently is not available as an openwrt package.

All I want is a binary of this software that I can install on my router…

The details are all here: Guide on creating new packages - For Developers - OpenWrt Forum.

I’ve put the software into package/taskserver and added the openwrt-Makefile that is referenced in the above link.

Then I try to compile it with “make package/taskserver/compile -j1 V=s” but I get the above error.

In the past I have tried (without really looking into it) to use the SDK, but so far have NEVER been able to compile anything, ultimately I have always given up in the end.

I admit that I am a beginner and there may be something I am doing wrong, but it is not obvious to me and there is unfortunately zero, absolute zero support for such problems from GL-inet.

As in other threads alzaho pops in and is gone again, really disappointing.

It’s cheap and good hardware they sell, but they do not seem to suppport their SDK at all, if you have problems you are on your own…

Try to install those dependencies listed in the Makefile:

./scripts/feeds install libgnutls
./scripts/feeds install libstdcpp
./scripts/feeds install libuuid

Ok, I’ve installed the feeds, below is the error I get now:

What is env: “‘time’: No such file or directory”?

./sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx> make package/taskserver/compile -j1 V=s
tmp/.config-package.in:36:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libc’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:64:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libgcc’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:149:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libpthread’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:290:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_ubus’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:305:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_ubusd’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:319:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_uci’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1601:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libblobmsg-json’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1774:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libiwinfo’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1790:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libjson-c’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1890:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libnl-tiny’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:1999:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libubox’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2025:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libubus’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2052:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libuci’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2648:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_iwinfo’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2661:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_jshn’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’
tmp/.config-package.in:2732:warning: ignoring type redefinition of ‘PACKAGE_libjson-script’ from ‘boolean’ to ‘tristate’

configuration written to .config

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx’
env: ‘time’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:107: package/feeds/base/ncurses/host/compile] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx’
make: *** [/home/mh/wde/openwrt/sdk/sdk/1806/ar71xx/include/toplevel.mk:211: package/taskserver/compile] Error 2

I am really giving up on this now and will try to run plain openwrt on the device.

Zero, absolute zero support for the sdk from gl-inet.

They sell their hardware and that is all they care about.

1 Like

I’m surprised you haven’t been censored already.
I can confirm that zero is the proper number.