Ordering MIFI v3

The main draw back of the current MiFi is its size. This above all has prevented me from recommending product. You should be able to slip it comfortably in a jean pocket as a basic starting point from usability perspective. I shouldn’t have to carry a bag everywhere because of it or have this bulky brick sticking out of my pocket. No other mifi devices on market are like this. Hope the new product improves on this.

If i have to believe the specs:
GL-MIFI = 105 x 72 x 27mm
Mudi = 145 x 77.5 x 23.5mm

So 40 mm longer, 5.5 mm wider, but 3.5 mm thinner. So overall GL-MIFI is smaller! If the GL-MIFI is already to big, then I wonder what kind of gear you are recommending for that case…

Let’s give that some more other items as comparison:
Samsung Galaxy S10 = 149.9 x 70.4 x 7.8mm
Apple iPhone 11 = 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm

So basically when it comes to size the Mudi is 3 flagship smartphone stacked on top of each other.

Xiaomi 20000mAh Fast Charging Powerbank: 141.9 x 73 x 21.8mm
Expect a basic 20000mAh battery pack as the size of the Mudi!

@notandor, I’m happy I’m not alone in my story! Yes, WAN and LAN are the great workhorses!

1 Like

I know the size of a power bank. Unfortunately you cannot fit everything inside and have a smaller size.

Yes It is bigger than a smartphone. Nearly all routers are bigger than that.

1 Like

Looks promising. Could slap in my existing EP06 Module from current MiFi.
Have some few questions though before possibly considering it for upgrade:

1. WWAN module could fit / support newer modules with more band aggregation and speed? (eg. Quectel EM20, Telit LM960, etc.)

2. I realized this is mainly using internal antenna. Would it still be possible to install an external antenna port to it?

3. I see this will be in kickstarter, so the product specs and looks itself are subject to change before being available to buy?

We can add new drivers without problem. We are testing EG06-G

It still has uFL. But it should be different to add external antenna. The internal antenna performs very good actually.

The specs will not change. We have been testing this for months. Any change In hardware specs could cause months delay.

1 Like

AR9531 - 100BaseT, that is the switch inside the SoC itself

I’m not worried for the size. I was just pointing out to Jeff88 what to expect based on the specs. For a Mifi it is what I expect the size to be. The space for a battery pack I have anyways as sometimes my travel gear has that battery pack anyway.

I’m more worried that it lost 2 ethernet ports, got bigger and with accessories can only have 1 ethernet jack compared to the GL-Mifi.
And even then, I’m not worried unless the GL-Mifi will not become EOF because of the Mudi.

Mifi will not EOL before there is one replacement.

Mudi is not to replace mifi, but only to better fulfill the needs of travelers.

I know 2 Ethernet ports is the killer feature of mifi, also true for our mini routers.

What are the default mPCIe cards included with Mudi? Is it going to be available without LTE card?
I’m looking for LTE frequencies in particular.

Keep an eye out on this page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glinet/mudi-4g-lte-privacy-router-for-road-warriors

More details coming soon :slight_smile:

Now, Mudi (so called MiFi V3) is live on Kickstarter!

EC-25AFFA CAT4 for North America

CAT4, and unclear what the supported bands are.

:frowning_face:

B2/B4/B5/B12/B13/B14/B66/B71

Great for NA, not for international travels.

Is there space for a mPCIe M.2 adapter?

I wanted to order unfortunately my country is not included in the super early bird 'shipping" list :frowning:

1 Like

GL is currently testing a Quectel global module, but it is not ready yet. More info on that later.
For now there are also Sierra global modules you can add into the Mudi for global coverage.

Thank you.
I have already a Sierra Wireless EM7455, but I’m not sure if it can fit in the Mudi with an adapter.
I’ll wait for the Global module or a Mudi without LTE card, so I can put my own.

2 Likes

Yep, please add Philippines.

We’re compatible with MC7455.

Philippines charge a lot of import tax and we cannot handle it now.

Ok thanks. Hopefully when available to buy online, you offer third party shipping like I got my MiFi v1 via DHL.