Partial connection issues | Newly installed GL.iNet GL-AR750S-Ext (Slate)

Hello dear fellow users,

I have a newly installed GL.iNet GL-AR750S-Ext (Slate) (on factory settings, with latest firmware upgrade) that I want to use in hotel rooms behind captive portals for my HomePod Minis on the road, plus for use in international travel to China (for its VPN, e.g. private VPN server connection.)

I run into issue after out-of-box installation. The GL-AR750S-Ext uses my iPad personal hotspot (all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, MBP all newest models) to wirelessly tether behind the first WiFi, but all HTTP requests/ webpages come through.

Some websites work, some don’t. I can’t see a logic to which websites work, and which ones don’t. The connections just seems to time out. This is how it looks in Chrome:

Any thoughts on this? I’d appreciate your input.

Thanks, Patrick

You connect AR750s wirelessly to your iPad hotspot? This is not in China yet, right?

Thanks for the response.

Yes, this is wirelessly via iPad hotspot.

No, this is in Germany/ Berlin, without any great firewall restrictions.

Do you have other hotspot like iPhone?

Should have read (of course) in the original post:

“The GL-AR750S-Ext uses my iPad personal hotspot (all Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, MBP all newest models) to wirelessly tether behind the first WiFi, but NOT all HTTP requests/ webpages come through.”

“Do you have other hotspot like iPhone?”

I have tried hotspots from both my iPad, and my iPhone. Both have the same problem.

I haven’t tried other hotspots.