Please submit patch or backport to add AR150 to openwrt CC

It is not about me but about the special image or to be more specific about a wireless community image. The next release will be based on CC and naturally they want to have as few patches to CC or feeds as possible.

I have submitted a pull request witch the patch for AR150 and it was accepted. But that was just in case the backport is not accepted in time.

Also for future GL devices that are wireless community compatible ( multiple SSIDs, adhoc and AP ) a backport to the stable version will always be good to have too. Getting into the habit to do backports to the stable version should be good for GL.

@buch8

I understand your goal and agree that it is easiest for community projects and would be great for GL.i products.

I hope you’ll consider this. The committers are volunteers. The number one complaint they have right now is: too many requests, not enough committers. Repeating requests makes that problem worse. Someone needs to help OpenWRT’s leadership find balance between committers and requests again. If not, LEDE will walk away with most of the committers and OpenWRT might cease.

M

There aren’t much requests right now. Yes, most committers are working on LEDE right now. I don’t see that repeating requests matter right now. They asked for repeated requests and patchworks should handle them nicely. I didn’t ask for a repeated request by the way but if there is no reaction at all you either resend or do a v2 either rebased or with some enhancements.

The commiter for ar71xx is one of the main developers for LEDE now. If he abandons CC like it looks right now and without any announcement or care for a successor, how would anyone trust a LEDE release? Right now it looks like they kill both projects.

I see new requests have fallen off recently. I’d bet wait time from request to commit, ignored requests, the clear fracture in the community, clear indications of committers dropping OpenWRT but not finding a replacement and many more things all factor in. I think a few people in here will make the jump to lack of faith in LEDE though. Remember, most people don’t know that committers exist, much less who they are.

M