PPTP not working on MT300A

Hi.

I’ve tried in vain over the past day to get PPTP to work on my MT300A for my IPVanish VPN account. I know about the security issues but I just want it to stream video.

I’m using the latest 2.261 firmware and the GUI to enter the server, username and password details but it comes up on repeat:

Interface ‘VPN_client’ is setting up now
Interface ‘VPN_client’ is now down

I am forcing no internet if VPN is not connected and at least that is doing its job because I can’t access the internet. The wifi is on DHCP and uses google DNS.

OpenVPN work perfectly but I wanted to use PPTP for the lower impact on processing as I want to stream HD video.

Anyone successfully got it to work on the MT300A please?

Thanks

I tried other vpn providers not IPVanish.

Is it possible because of the username/password? Can you try using a PC directly?

I have exactly the same problem - i use purevpn with a pptp login and get the same issue with the same error messages. Has anyone solved this please? The only way i got around it was to flash the router with DDWRT and use that - but the compatible DDWRT firmware does not support using the USB port on the MT300 for an internet dongle.

Same problem; can not connect using 2.264 firmware and the GUI to enter the server, username and password.
PPTP connection works fine when using the same credentials from my iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6.

I see an error message: “could not resolve server address” and guidance " Please setup custom DNS to prevent DNS leaks". What am I missing? Thx.

This means there is no Internet connection. Can you please check.

It is working fine now; I had a misconfiguration on the V1.28 Shibby router server. I posted more details in an Amazon review.