Rasberry Pi package compatible GL iNet device?

I like GLiNET’s products because the software makes setting up a VPN tunnel really easy, particularly the UI to exclude certain IP addresses. However I really want to use NordVPN’s lynx wireguard service, which only supports the ARM processor on the RPi.

Is there a GLiNET device that can run RPi binaries, assuming they are extracted from the .dep package?

In fact, you can ask NordVPN for the NordLynx configuration file. You can then use this configuration file on any OpenWrt to connect to NordLynx.
Solved: nordvpn OpenWrt wireguard client - Installing and Using OpenWrt / Network and Wireless Configuration - OpenWrt Forum

Are you sure that NordVPN will provide NordLynx (WireGuard) configuration files now? That thread is over 3 years old and, since then, a number of users have created their own config files using a procedure on Linux.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

This is no longer true, nordvpn uses a proprietary nordlynx binary that sets up the wire guard configuration. There is s script on github to convert the connection into a native wireguard configuration
However it requires the nordlynx to be run first each time to get the dynamic ip they assign

We have recently tried to support NordLynx via our App.The valid WireGuard configuration file does allow data to be intercepted and pieced together in a NordLynx app for Linux or other OS. However, this is not possible with our app or device, so the plan has been put on hold.
The only thing we know for sure is that it does have a corresponding WireGuard configuration file available. I’m not sure if NordVPN is still willing to make it available to users.

1 Like