Receive SMS

Hi,

I am successfully able to sendsms. Now I would like to read the replies. I see them in the GUI, so they have arrived. But:

I can see that there are SMSs, but it won’t list them. It does not matter whether I quote the AT+CMGL=\"ALL\" or not.

What am I missing?

thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction
simon

root@GL-MIFI:~# gl_modem AT AT+CMGF=1

OK
root@GL-MIFI:~# gl_modem AT AT+CPMS?

+CPMS: “ME”,0,255,“ME”,0,255,“ME”,0,255

OK
root@GL-MIFI:~# gl_modem AT AT+CMGL=“ALL”

ERROR
root@GL-MIFI:~#

PS: uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --list-messages returns an empty list.
PPS: funny. I deleted the messages, received another SMS, and CPMS? still reports the same three entries. perhaps those aren’t the actual SMSs?

Which modem module do you use?

Argghhh, rookie mistake, not stating HW/SW. sorry.

It’s a MiFi with an EC25 module, running 3.211.

I tested some modems. Seems this is related to modem firmware (not router firmware).

Can you give me the detailed modem model (aka firmware version) which is displayed in the router’s UI?

You said there are SMSs but cannot list. Can you show a screenshot? A little confusing.

Probably this, which is also an SMS I can never read:

Cheers.

Hi,

I can list and read the SMS in the GUI without any problem. My question revolves around reading them in the CLI, in an ssh session (or with a script that’s running on the MiFi). The steps I tried to do that are in the original post, that’s as good as a screenshot.

I’ll gladly provide more information about the modem if you tell me where/how to look. In the frontend Admin panel? Or in LuCI?

If you want to read the sms, you can read the files in /etc/spool/sms/incoming directly.

1 Like

duh wow, that’s super easy. Thanks a lot.

Can I delete them directly in incoming when read, or is there a kind of database or status-file that gets confused when I do that?

I think you can just delete the file. No database related.

Can you expand slightly on the usage of the directories under /etc/spool/sms. Specifically, I see one SMS under the “checked” directory and not “sent”. What would cause this.

Cheers.

1 Like

checked:SMS to be sent
failed:Failed to send SMS
incoming:unread SMS
outgoing:SMS being sent
sent: send successful SMS
storage:SMS received,including read and unread

The number information is wrong, the signal is weak, and the funds cannot be used, which may cause the text message not to be sent

1 Like

how can I decode the file content,
it uses a ucs2 encode.

i tried to decode it without success. only decoded some char.

tail -n 1 GMS99.CPcLFf| iconv -f UCS-2BE
公益短信ᩎⵛꎐ衎衺穑鮂⩺穑畧큖
iconv: (stdin):1:29: cannot convert

which language is the sms in?

it’s a Chinese sms.
Alphabet: UCS2
Length: 60

I don’t know how to decipher. But the sms is just spam. So you can ignore.