Schedule USB disconnect/drop power?

I have a wire modem attached to my Gli router that won’t take remote commands over lan, the only way to get it to reboot is to disconnect the USB charger.

Is there a way for me to schedule periodic disconnects of the USB charger, so my modem resets on a set interval so I don’t have to manually unplug it?

Which router?

Is the modem getting power through the USB socket on the router, or from a separate supply?

Would you say you have good, electronics soldering skills?

Which router?

S1300

Is the modem getting power through the USB socket on the router, or from a separate supply?

It’s powered by USB-C and gets power from the USB on the S1300.

Would you say you have good, electronics soldering skills?

I’m open to anything, although I would prefer to not modify the router.

I don’t see any “free” GPIOs at GL-B1300 (Convexa-B) - GL.iNet Docs (to control a relay for the USB power) or an indication of GPIO-controlled USB power. The DTS does not suggest that there’s a GPIO hog or fixed-voltage regulator in place.

GL-S1300 (Convexa-S) - GL.iNet Docs shows a couple GPIO lines available. Based on that I’d go with a relay spliced into a USB cable. I’ve never torn apart a USB-C cable, but if it’s “just power” then a “normal” cable would work as well.

As a different option:

Perhaps something like a TP-Link HS105 being controlled by the pyHS100 (Python) library? (Keep them off the Internet, as they are overly chatty with their cloud server, even if you’ve “disabled” it.)

S1300 should have USB power control using GPIO, same as other routers.

forgive me for misunderstanding, i dont know much about hardware

would this (a socket timer) not achieve what you want? there are more advanced ones on the market which you could program to your hearts content
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DIYWORK-Mechanical-Timer-Plug-Socket-Power-Switch-Timer-15Mins-24-Hours-Plug-in-Timer-Energy-Saving/4005001_32963450061.html

Similar to @jeffsf, I have several TP-Link HS103 smart plugs that turn off/on to reboot some of my network devices. They can be scheduled daily/weekly at multiple times through the TP-Link Kasa app.

The schedules are stored on they smart plugs themselves and the Kasa app is only for setup/configuration/monitoring. I don’t have the problem, but if you REALLY do not want them to connect to the Internet, then create an wireless SSID dedicated to them that you can turn on/off only when you want to use the Kasa app.