Script: Update AdGuard Home

I tested and did not update the latest version of Adguard Home.
Result console:

Still showing available to update:

May you reboot your router once?

I did not reboot router :sweat_smile:

22 days :exploding_head:
I don’t think to reboot. Let me try manual switch off adguard home in gl ui.

Yes, the manual does work. Toggle “Enable Adgaurd Home” then Apply.
So one script does not stop service Adguard Home

1 Like

Thanks, I added a command to make sure that AGH is killed for real now.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: AdGuard Home - Upstream servers not reachable

Tip of the hat to ya @admon. Works like a charm! I’m using a GL-MT2500.

Hi, thanks for your work @admon. It worked on my GL-MT3000.

1 Like

The script worked well also on Brume2, thanks @admon

How the embedded softwares are handled by GL-inet?
I mean, I noticed ADGuard on Brume2 was from March/2023. One year old.
Since then, many security updates were released, but none of them were applied by GL-inet?

The answer is: Not very well.

They should learn with you how to do, because it’s a really concern to have many softwares out-of-date with no security patches applied.

If they don’t like to update absolutely nothing, they should give an easy solution for all customers do that by themselves.

2 Likes

How exactly it works?
The script will check frequently if there is an Update available and if so, the new version will be installed without notice?

No, you will have to install AdGuard updates by yourself within the AdGuard GUI.
The script will just make sure that the update functionality within AGH is enabled.

1 Like

Thanks admon, I used your “Quick run without downloading” to update my AXT1800 and my MT6000 on a fly without any issues :saluting_face:

1 Like

Default GLiNet router has disable update adguard home within reason for storage or other things. All frimwares.
@admon made script for enable update adguard home and download latest version. In the future if you upgrading new frimware with save setting then will be work adguard home with enable update.
If you upgrade new frimware without save setting then will be installed old version Adguard home and disable update.

Thanks!

How the backup works?
It will generate a backup on every update or just the last one will be stored?

To save space, maybe the script could save just the latest one.

E.g.

• Updated from 0.107.40 to 0.107.44: save the backup of 0.107.40
  • Updated from 0.107.44 to 0.107.45: save the bakcup of 0.107.44 and delete the 0.107.40

In this way I guess the storage space needed will be small as possible.

I would kindly ask you to read the script by yourself, since it will answer all your questions.

The script will not create additional backups, only one (1) initial one.

1 Like

Installed correctly on MT-6000 and MT-3000, it works excellently! Many thanks!

I hope for an official implementation in the firmware of GL-iNet routers as soon as possible.

2 Likes

The router was updated with the latest release (4.5.7 release 7) and AdGuard Home continued to function correctly with the ability to check for updates! Good job! Thank you!

2 Likes

Updated to the latest 0.107.46

This is an interesting feature added on the latest version to save your eMMC from die due to too many writes on it:

1 Like