Slate AX Kill Switch [ Security Problems ]

Sorry I don’t understand this part. Can you describe in more details?

Isn’t your issue solved already.

I can say that the kill switch works when it comes to not having the Internet if the VPN disconnects.

But I have not checked if there are DNS requests that the kill switch has not stopped (as described above).

I mean: from a functional point of view, the kill switch works (it avoids having internet if the vpn falls) but I have not thoroughly checked if there are requests or sending packets that the kill switch is not avoiding (this being something as important or more than preventing access to the internet itself)

And this seems to be @elpmeh’s problem.

1 Like

so, ‘‘Vpn policies’’ was removed from the software statement I made is only for 4.0.0 release 2, I have just seen

Release v4.0.1_beta1

Pre-release

V4.0.1 - July 09,2022

----- going to instal now,

the issue is that if i have a device connected to VPN (4.0.0 release 2) and the vpn drops then as intended yes the connection does get killed only untill a user interacts with the device I.e refresh webpage or reconnect to wifi or whatever this then allows the connection to work dns leak, vs VPN policy that has been removed that was in stable flint software this allows traffic through the vpn when the vpn goes down…

my issue why i cannot use the stock non beta firmware is that my wireless adapter keeps dropping all the time hostapd: ath0: STA macadress IEEE 802.11: disassociated

but that ive moved on from becuase it was such a barrier that it was a make or break flaw.

good router exept niggles that make it always need mainaining :slight_smile:
ilike the router its a shame :frowning:

is this compatible with flint ? Release Release v4.0.1_beta1 · gl-inet/gl-infra-builder · GitHub

Release v4.0.1_beta1

Pre-release

V4.0.1 - July 09,2022

please can someone compile this as a .image, i just want my router to work corretly!! thank you !!

Here is snapshot firmware July 12 that you could try.

1 Like

to update, This beta is better, no wifi drops under any load from what ive seen, a way to let user defined traffic always get access to internet while vpn is down/reconnecting/expired login etc would be preferred!!!

anyone having wifi issues pertaining to being booted off all acess points try the beta fresh install though, carry no settings over, take photos of your routers setting etc !!!