Slate GL-AR750S connect problem

Please be aware that all information people that are trying to help you have is based on the quality of information you give them.

Things I can only assume by the mass of logs, as you haven’t posted any info about:

• The Network your Slate provides is 192.168.8.x
  • The IP Range handled by the free wifi is 192.168.13.x
  • The Slate is trying to use 192.168.1.1 as a DNS server

Is the 192.168.1.1 the IP of your router at home? Is there some manual DNS set in the slate?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I’m kind of an amateur with this stuff so please excuse me.

• You are correct that the Network my Slate provides is 192.168.8.x.
  • I really don’t know the IP Range handled by the free wifi but is sound like from the logs that maybe it is conflicting with the Slate?
  • I have no idea where the 192.168.1.1 is coming from. I think The Slate is trying to use 192.168.8.1 See below:

I hope this makes sense to you? Should I try setting up a manual IP range?

Thanks again for the reply.

Can you give a screenshot of the Internet status page (the first page after login) which shows the repeater status.?

And also screenshot of the Custom DNS page in more settings.

You could find out the IP range of the free wifi by connecting a different device (Notebook or Smartphone) to it and look for the settings this device shows.

From what i see the XFINITY secure hotspot uses EAP which requires username and password while open xfinitywifi uses portal page once you are connected if mac address is not authenticated

When i try connect through Gl.Inet web page to XFINITY secure hotspot refuses to connect and log shows Reason:23=IEEE8021X FAILED

Did you check this blog?

That link for xfinitywifi not XFINITY is the secure hotspot that uses EAP authentication. GL.inet router works fine for open xfinitywifi but the secure XFINITY hotspot it won’t connect to.

For EAP, if you use AR750S to connect, it should ask for username and password.

EAP has many types of auth method. I hope Xfinity uses the one we support.