[Special Edition] Introducing GL-SF1200, the Best-value Gigabit Wireless Router

In docs not full info, for this router have not switch chip
For others some routers not full info too
For example Brume-W have not info about wifi chip and e.t.c.

What about wireguard and ovpn speed?

1 Like

What about vanilla OpenWrt supporting?

1 Like

it always comes later
introduce a new model —> 1 year come -----> openwrt vanilla

1 Like

We only have US power adapter for this router at the moment. We might be able to ship it to European countries but we need time to deal with the CE certification…

You can mount it on the wall.
sf1200-back

They’re 5dBi external antennas for better wireless performance, two 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and two 5GHz Wi-Fi

Does it realy use two sorts of antennas ?
Can save money by useing 2 dual frequency antennas and use the saved money for firmware improvements.

What is the shipping and handling cost, for one units, to a mainland USA address?

1. Can it do access point mode only? I already have a more powerful wired router

2. I’m in China. How do I change the language to English? Is there any difference in the firmware to the export version? Can I easily flash a vanilla firmware directly from OpenWRT?

I just bought it. The answer to both is “Yes”. It can switch to access point only and yes, it has English available.

I can’t believe how good value this thing is. In terms of software it looks more powerful than an EdgeRouter Lite. I can’t even bring myself to switch it to AP and not even use the functions.
What’s the catch??

1 Like

Is there a way to get vanilla firmware from OpenWRT on this router yet? I’m planning on bulk buying some of these routers for project I have, but need to know if this possible before placing the order, as this is a prerequisite.

@bobobob Did you manage to flash on stock firmware?

Sorry until now there is no openwrt vanilla firmware. If you really have a large quantity demand, you can talk to our B2B team to customize the firmware.

There’s a fair amount of work that would have to be done to mainline this device into OpenWRT - and much of that would be on Siflower/Sichang, the SoC provider…

Good thread over on OpenWRT forum discussing this chipset

x2, Just got this one on amazon, wondering about Wireguard speeds as a client, as well as repeater capability.
(want to replace a mango v2 that is not picking signal well)

It looks like the GL-SF1200 has the same CPU as the GL-SFT1200, so probably gets the same VPN speeds.

The GL-SFT1200 is rated 65Mbps for WireGuard and 12Mbps for OpenVPN:

It did arrive and now acting as a repeater and Wireguard client. Replaced my ‘mango’ just because the signal was too weak to connect.
Needed to hard-wire a couple of devices on the other side of the house, which need to be connected to a different VPN. Works great!!

2 Likes