Spitz AX (GL-X3000) Verizon

I just purchased a Spitz AX (GL-X3000) however I’ve read that there may be some compatibility issues with a Verizon service. Is there a way around this?

I used to have issues with connecting to Verizon, but it has mostly been resolved with the firmware 4.0-0404release1. My Splitz AX connects to Verizon fine on 5G NSA now.

Thank you I’ll make sure to update the firmware before I install the sim.

The model is not certified for Verizon and not advertised to work with Verizon.

Pls use T-Mobile or AT&T in the US.

What T-Mobile plan was used to test the GL-X3000NR? I purchased a sim card for T-Mobile’s Home Internet Lite 200 GB plan and could not get this to work. I kept receiving the following message: “The Sim card is not registered”. The SIM card was registered to a brand new line on my plan.

If I’m not mistaken, GL-iNet has certified that there products work with T-Mobile’s standard cellular plans, NOT T-Mobile Home Internet sims. There is a difference. That said, as other’s have mentioned they have found work-arounds to get the TMHI sims to work. That is research that you need to do and not GL-iNet’s responsibility.

I have found that T-Mobile’s prepaid mobile internet plans work great and are pretty much plug and play.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwireless.com/design-and-build/approved-modules?imagesUrl=%2Fshowcase%2Fapi%2Fimages%2Fget%2F&countUrl=%2Fshowcase%2Fapi%2Fcount%2Fget&count=0&gps=&gpio=&hwformfactor=&searchBox=quectel&page=0&pageSize=12&loading=false&moreToShow=true&sms=&voicecapable=&developerkit=&eUICC=

They are certified and approved now according to Verizon.

It isn’t just the router firmware that may need an update to work on Verizon, The modem may need an update as well.
This fixed my Verizon issues:

How did you upgrade the modem? What is needed for the update? Where to get the upgrade file and how to push to modem portion (assuming it is a different process than typical device firmware update?

Access the background of the router using ssh

ssh root@192.168.8.1

1.mkdir /firmware
  2.cd /firmware
  3.wget https://fw.gl-inet.com/download/RM520GL-modem_firmware/RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201.zip 
  4.unzip RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201.zip -d RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201
  5.QFirehose -f RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201
  6.reboot

Thank you so much for your quick reply. The modem firmware that you suggested is even newer than the version that I was able to find mentioned in the Reddit posts suggesting this "fix". Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my Verizon SIM to work completely (to actually show the signal bars on X3000 and allow connection to internet) even with this even newer modem firmware. I can see the cell info populated with signal info and the blue 4G signal icon with fluctuating signal bars next to where it says "Verizon" in the Cellular section of the Internet page of the router Admin Panel, but no actual signal bars showing on the top panel of the router itself and no connection to the internet from Cellular. This is frustrating. I have even tried to spoof the IMEI info from my Verizon Business Gateway that I am able to use from Verizon. Any suggestions? I am willing to try almost anything.

Try dialing with this configuration

Hello again ywp. I have again had the Verizon SIM stop "connecting" and cellular internet isn't working. I do see that it doesn't appear that the issue is the APN changing, but something else is going on and I would love to know maybe how to make this work again? It was working for about 5 days straight with no issues but then today I noticed that it fell offline again.

It does seem that a reboot "fixes" the cellular connection to be live again, but obviously this shouldn't happen.

When you say offline, do you mean disconnected, or are you always connected?
Look at it remotely?
Can you maintain this environment for a few hours when this problem occurs? So I can view the problem remotely

I had already rebooted the router and when it came back up it did reconnect and the cellular connection gave internet again. I previously revoked the sharing for support but could renable it again if you think that you could get some helful information from some internal logs? Upon the last time a checked which was a few hours ago, the cellular connection was still working. It seemed to be connected to cellular for about 5 days before it stopped.

You need to get logs when problems occur
The restart will clear all logs

Is there any way that we can save logs of a certain type to internal non-volatile storage?

Currently only the crash log can do this
Other types of logs will be cleared after restart
When there is a problem, you can export the current log