The interface is connected, but the Internet can't be accessed

Why am I getting this more and more these days on my GL-AXT1800 on latest stable firmware. This is happening a lot both on wired as well as wireless WAN connections to the GL.iNET. I haven’t changed anything in my network settings for a while.

Reverted back to 4.1.0 Beta 3 which has been the last functioning firmware version for me and the problem has disappeared. Why has this issue developed with the newer firmware versions and what does it signify?

Probably a change to mwan3 with the multiple gateway/failover feature.

I get the message occasionally but I’m actually able to connect to the internet.

1 Like

U Update the Uboot? Something about all the LAN bridged together then floods the ISP with request.

You could well be onto something here as I have been using load balance (as my ISP is quite slow) and message kept on coming up but with the internet disconnecting as well in my case. Been running the 4.1.0 beta3 for almost the whole day now with no such issue occuring so far. Weird…

1 Like

That is a significant issue indeed. I am glad in a way to know that I am not alone here. I am also glad that I kept a copy of the old firmware version.

1 Like

That is a different issue. That is about WAN/LAN bridge.

When the message shows, do you actually have Internet or not?

No, the internet stops dead even when only one of the wan interfaces is down. Might be worth mentioning that I went again to the latest version up from beta3 but with a Uboot flash on this occasions to try and have so far not had a recurrence of this issue.

So the problem is not display error, but the Intenet does stoped. It may be because of wrong config or something else.

If it is the configuration then why has it never happened on firmware versions 4.1.0 beta 3 and the ones before and only started after (as others have also pointed out here) with the exact same configurations???

I don’t see who has the exact issue as yours.

The link given in this thread referring to a bridge issue due to uboot.

Same issue here. I can browse the internet but many of my applications stopped working, saying ports were not correct…please solve this asap and give a solution.

Can you show the details of the Internet status? What is the upstream network?

The message may display it correctly, means that it does not have Internet.

Same.

No active VPN or some custom settings.
I have access to the Internet. Well, I’m writing this message with this error now.

It was before the 4.4.5 firmware version. To be clear I wasn’t able to use auto update because on the update page, it also was saying that I don’t have an internet connection. So I did a manual update.
Now it also shows an error that I don’t have a connection.

One noticeable thing is that I can’t open Transmission web GUI but I can open Network storage. Odd situation.

one more. From luci, on the software page, I selected Update list and got

I found out what was wrong with Transmission.
Update to 4.4.5 deleted transmission packages. It is fine I guess as I have all settings and torrents on the attached storage so no need to configure everything again.

And about this error. Reboot didn’t remove it. But after I removed the WAN cable and connected it back this error vanished. Will see if it comes back with time.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I use Tailscale. Maybe it is related.

hi, rossfilipchuk
This maybe due to conflict between your wan ip tailscale subnet.Can you change the wan ip or turn off tailscale and see if it works. Thanks!