Try GL.iNet app

We will consider your suggestion, but if we want to adopt it, we have to consider how the interface is designed.

1 Like

hey Leo, having gone back to stable App, I just got the new update.

It looks very good :+1:

I am using Mullvad with wire guard now so was easy to add a Mullvad key and make connect to the simple wire guard profiles.

I couldn’t add a manual wire guard config by copy pasting the .conf however… I Kept hitting ‘add’ but nothing happens. Would be easier to upload a .conf file than copy-pasting maybe?

I did not try openVPN yet.

I think the font size for ‘VPN’ looks bigger than ‘Tor’ in the ‘Plugins’ section but that might just be a false impression.

Anyway It’s nice to see your app coming along nicely, congrats!

Could you tell me where you copy the .conf, I want to repro this bug then fix it.
I will consider adding the feature to upload file to add WireGuard.
Thank you very much for your Suggestions. We need time to discuss and implement it.

Hey Leo,

'control local devices > ‘login’ > ‘login’ > ‘plugins’ > ‘vpn’ > ‘new profile’ > ‘wireguard’ > ‘create from configuration’

I just try to copy paste the config here from the .conf file. I tried removing the ipv6 stuff too but that didn’t change anything. The ‘add’ button seems to do nothing for me at any stage.

Incidentally, I also tried to use the QR code option with mullvad and that was a buggy experience too that appears to not save the config successfully, yet a saved config appears eventually but doesn’t work. Several error messages appear in the process:

1. ‘error no parameter found!’ after scanning the QR code
  2. ‘unknown error’ when selecting the entry for the same failed configuration from recent screen
  3. ‘error no parameter found!’ when going via saved > custom wireguard profiles.

Hope that helps

Which app do you use to open the .conf file?
It will be more helpful if you can give a screen recording and send me the .conf file.

I tried a variety of .conf files created from both mullvad’s config generator and also from the cloudflare/Warp wireguard configuration script. It seems that no matter what is in the text box, the ‘Add’ button in your app does nothing. There is no feedback - even visually to demonstrate that it’s being pressed - it could just be an inanimate image as far as I can tell.

To copy paste the files to the box I opened them on computer in text editor and sent the contents by encrypted messenger to the phone. I am not willing to share my own conf files but you can generate your own for free in minutes:

I don’t see how the text gets copy-pasted is much of an issue since there is not any formatting added by the apps I use (text editor or messenger) and the same issue with the ‘Add’ button is present when using the QR code.

I tried the same wireguard configs on the traditional web UI – mullvad’s works straightaway but the cloudflare config needed to be formatted for your copy-pasting tool to work.

I don’t know what you’re seeing on your end, but on my end, the ‘Add’ button just looks unpressable.

I will fix ASAP. Thanks

1 Like

[FEATURE REQUEST]

On the Clients page, create a “favorite” function, so that certain “favorite” clients are at the top of the client list. We use this function to disconnect our kids’ devices when they need to be doing something else.

Alternative 1, allow different sorting methods for these clients, e.g. by IP address or device name.

Alternative 2, create a search in the clients page to show only clients that match a search term

I am using 1.0.20 android version. My wife uses the latest iPhone version.

Please let me know if any of these are possible, and many thanks!

Thanks your suggestions. :+1:
The “favourite” function sounds good, I know some VPN app has this feature.
Search function can also be considered to do.
I will feedback your suggestions to relevant guys.

Did you get any feedback from the developers on my suggestion? Any other updates? Many thanks!

They should identify with the need, but they are redesigning the app, the UX will be different.
If it has “favourite” feature, do you still need the “recent connection” feature?

If you question is for me, I never requested the “recent connection” feature.

Favorite clients, not function.

Just a heart and click it to pin the client to the top, right?

Yes, that’s correct. I was thinking of using stars instead of hearts, but either is fine!!

1 Like

I’m using imagebuilder to create a version of firmware that’s a bit stripped back for using internally in my company and is preloaded with our corporate VPN

Is there a file / config I can change disable the app / remove a package to stop the app working on my firmware so that our settings - such as DNS etc which is required - can not be overwritten?

I don’t understand your meaning.
The mobile app don’t have the feature to change router’s DNS yet.
If you don’t want the mobile app change any setting of router, just don’t use it.

It’s more if there is a way to disable app? / remove package?

I know I don’t have to use it - I just don’t want people in my organisation overwriting settings on firmware that’s based on GL.

No.
But if app control the router, it need the Admin Panel password, so you just don’t tell other people the Admin Panel password.
Hope this will help you. :grinning:

Just checking to see if there has been any progress in the app to select some favorite clients, to make it easier to find them in the client list.

Since the most recent update 1.3.0 (117), my plugins page doesn’t load.

So I can’t access any VPN settings.
I’m on 3.212 on SFT1200 Opal.
Thanks!