Two routers (one VPN host and one VPN client) - IP address question

Hello,

I have some questions about my intended setup:

1. If I use one GL-AR750S at home in the UK and set it up as a VPN host, and I take another GL-AR750S with me on holiday and set it up as a VPN client, am I correct in thinking I will be able to access all UK geo-restricted websites?
  2. If the answer to the above is yes, does that mean I don’t need to pay for a VPN service to acheive this?
  3. Do I need to get a static IP address from my UK ISP (at home) to be able to do this, or can it work with a dynamic IP address?

Thanks

1. Yes. I’m doing exactly this, but in a different region. Very happy now with the AR300M16 for the travel client side on Wireguard. Performance is very good and it’s very small and light.
  2. Correct.
  3. It works fine with Dynamic DNS. I’m using Duckdns.org for a free no-nonsense option.

Thank you very much for your help.

I’m just unsure about one thing…If I do have a static IP address at home, then does that mean I don’t need any dynamic DNS service?

Thanks

Yes, but the IP address should be a public IP address, so you can reach it in the outside.

To chime in im in the same boat here, i cant connect from outide when Lan conected a beryl and in that config i cannot get outside connection to the deice by mobile

I have a static ip adress here and wire guard works as a standalone device that consumes my min WAN, i want it on lan though

thank you for any asskstance ninjas