UART for Noobies

I have an AR300M. It has the earlier uBoot firmware. I only get the option to update one of the tow images.

I think the NAND is corrupt because it doesn’t even take the .img (nand) and only takes the .bin. I must be in the NOR software.

Also, I don’t get the opportunity to upload both, as the new webui lets you do.

It seems like a good opportunity to upgrade my uBoot firmware, so, I bought a USB UART.

How do I use it? Is there a good instruction sheet somewhere? I’ve looked.

I understand Overview - GL.iNet Docs… I’ve seen some of the discussion in the forum. A good step-by-step would be helpful…

The link should be detailed enough.

If you have earlier version of AR300M, one problem is that the three pins are not soldered. You need to solder them first.

Then, connect USB-UART to your pc’s USB port, connect the three wires to AR300M. Now do as to the guide.

@<span style=“color: #eb4b00; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; background-color: #f9f9f9;”> alzhao – can you elaborate or point us to a link that shows how to actually upgrade uboot? I’m in the same situation.</span>

Thanks,

-Mike

@Empyreal, I will make a video about how to upgrade, but this will takes some time.