Urgent firmware release v2.263 with security patches for dnsmasq and wpa2

Hi All,

Please test the urgent firmware release with security patches for dnsmasq and wpa2.

The firmware is now in http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/testing/

After verification they will be put in model folders for online update.

NOTE: this release doesn’t have whole software repo, you cannot install your own kernel modules.

The next release will be v2.27 in the near future.

Thanks for the quick release :slight_smile:

Just upgraded the mt300a after the notification on Facebook. Unfortunately the update broke DHCP completely for IPv4 (IPv6 was fine :s), no addresses or DNS were given, had to revert to the old firmware to get it working again. For now I’ve forced clients to use Google DNS.

Note to self, don’t install updates without testing on a backup device first. Also, get another backup >.<

I need to order another as a backup device, don’t want to “test” on my main unit. Please provide more feedback all.

Hi,

Can you provide an updated version for lede-gl-ar300md-3.03.tar which already uses LEDE <span style=“color: #404040; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>17.01.4, released today, which already has the patches for dnsmasq and WPA2 ?</span>

At this way we can use the standard repositories as well.

Alternatively, if we need to use the standard LEDE (https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/ar71xx/generic/lede-17.01.4-ar71xx-generic-gl-ar300m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) from the NOR instead the NAND, how we can make sure that always boot from the NOR ?

I’ve found that using:

<p class=“p1”><span class=“s1”>fw_setenv bootcount 3</span></p>
<p class=“p1”>I can force to boot from the NOR, but I want to make sure that this is the case at any time the device reboots, so I assumed that I can put that at the rc.local, before the exit 0.</p>
<p class=“p1”>However it doesn’t work. What I’m missing?</p>

Testing on AR300M (upgraded with “keep settings”)
If “force all clients to use” is checked under custom DNS, then there is zero bandwidth, Unchecking it and all seems fine.

Tested on AR300M. Had same problem as mpmc. DHCP seemed to be broke. Reverting to previous version fixed issue.

@evilbob333 Did you have a chance to try what @Glitch suggested? I haven’t yet, but I plan to. I cannot remember if I had “Force all clients to use” enabled or not, but it wasn’t enabled when I reverted (keeping settings) so I assume I didn’t.

Nice to know I’m not the only one who had this problem though!

Update: My Android box doesn’t connect wirelessly - reverted to old firmware!

@mpmc I do not have “Force all clients to use” checked on my router, though I am using custom DNS. On my mobile devices, I was not getting an IP address, and on my laptop, I had to give it a static IP address in order to get in to web interface to get the 2.261 back on.

@evilbob333 Yeah, I had to do the same.

There is a bug which causes dnsmasq fail if you upgrade from old firmware and reserved settings.

Just updated the firmware and fixed this. Please check again.

Trying again, reserved settings:

Seems OK for now - will continue with test and report back, if necessary.

Forgot to add - on behalf of everyone, thank you for your swift attention on this and other matters - much appreciated.

It looks like DHCP is working with the new firmware. And ditto to Glitch’s sentiments. You guys are awesome. I’m looking forward to the GL-AR750 coming out.

@evilbob333

I’m waiting for the GL-AR750 too :slight_smile: - I’m not against beta testing either ;).

When can we expect the image builders for the supported devices with these fixes?

I would also like image builder updated (mango v2).

Probably will need a GL AR750 also…

I want to install this on my MT300n-v1 when upgrading Firmware should i have keep setting ticked? also will be using the OpenVPN Feature.

Speaking of the GL-AR750, is there a planned release date yet for UK?