Usb150 - cannot connect via usb port

hello and thanks,

on windows computer,

i am no longer able to connect to the route via usb port

now, i see this.
and

and in device manager, the USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget is grayed out and disabled.
i manually uninstalled the device but again the problem persists.

i factory reset - problem persists
i re-installed the firmware - problem persists.

please help

The device is recoginized as a disk. You should be able to find the disk and then find the driver inside.

Install the driver and replug the device it will work.

thanks for the reply.

is there a way to update the drivers on that virtual disk?
where are the driver file stored on the usb-150?

Can you go to First Time Setup - GL.iNet Docs

In part 2, Connect via USB Ethernet, there is a link to download the driver.

It should be builtin the latest version of windows. But you can always try to install.

hello,
this seems like a bug - it has happened for the 4th time.

i plug in the usb150 on windows computer.

i would expect to see a network card with ip 192.168.8.1

but instead, i see this

there is no network card.

and in device manager, the relevant items are dimmed out.

Do you mean that it works some time? Seems strange. Once you installed the driver it should always work. Do you have any software that blocks the driver? Does it work if you reinstall the driver?

hello and thanks

every time i plug in the usb150, it appears as a cdrom.
i repeat, every time i plug it in, it appears as a cdrom.

i have to do ths

1. goto device manager.
  2. display hidden devices
  3. delete the device
  4. unplug the usb150
  5. plug in the usb150
  6. now it works.

i have to goto device manager, delete the hidden device,

If this happens on two different Windows PC’s - it’s probably a corrupted USB class identifier on the USB-150 realtek NIC.

If it works on one, and not works on the other - probably an issue with that PC.

It should not attach/mount as a mass storage device.

Win10 has the RTL drivers built in…

Hi, I know this is an old post but I just had the same issue with my USB150 that I have been using for a year now. It is running the 3.105 firmware. The device has always worked great on my Windows 10 notebook but today I wanted to do some testing with the built in WIFI card on my notebook, while still using the USB150 to stream music on my tablet which was connected via WIFI to the USB-150, so instead of unplugging the USB150 from my notebook, I used the Windows’ “Network Connection” GUI and disabled the Realtek USB FE device. From that point on I could not get the USB150 to work again as a Network Device. When I plugged in my USB150, Windows would ask “CD Drive (E:) RTL_UL Select to choose what happens with this disc.” and the USB150 would not work as a network adaptor, and did not show up in the “Network Connection” GUI. I did multiple reboots, plugged in and unplugged the USB150 from my USB port multiple times, tried different USB slots and still the USB150 was enumerating as a CD Drive and not as a Network Device.

I found this post and a few other posts on USB Realtek devices mounting as CD Drives. Following the advice from other users, I went into the Device Manager, selected View and selected to Show Hidden Devices, then uninstalled and deleted the Realtek USB FE Family Controller driver, followed by a reboot of my notebook. Everything is good again with my USB150. I have done multiple reboots and hot plugged it into different USB ports on my notebook without any more issues.

In the future, I am just going to unplug the device and not disable it.

1 Like

hi,
thanks for the udpdate.

i think many of us have learned these things the hard way.
my mistake, amoung many, was to rename the connection using the GUI.