VPN Setup question

Hi

I have an AR150 with 2.25 firmware installed and I am trying to set up a VPN.

I have set up a paid account with FinchVPN and followed the set up instructions here:

However I can not connect successfully and keep getting an Auth Fail error message:

I have a FinchVPN login UserName and Password, and the generayed API Key. I followed the instructions above to get the ovpn file for a selected server from the list, ticked the box for “username and password (API Key)” and downloaded the ovpn file.

When I upload the ovpn file I am prompted for Username and Password, and I put in the account Username and the API Key.

Is this the correct credentials to use?

When I click the Apply button, the log shows a connection attempt which ends with failure as follows:

"OpenVpn is not started
Last log Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 2048 bit RSA [server] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]144.217.89.176:8484 SENT CONTROL [server AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting "

Have I misunderstood the set up instructions in some way, or is there something wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Terry

I figured it out.

FinchVPN uses your email address and a password for account login, but when you set up your account you actually nominate a separate UserID which is what you have to use when you install the ovpn file in the router, along with the API Key as the password.

So there are two completely separate sets of credentials - one for account login and one for using the service in the router.

Obvious in retrospect, but perhaps a few extra words on this in the install guide might be helpful to others doing this for the first time.