What is the MIFI GPIO number to control USB power?

Hi,

I have purchased a couple of MIFIs and have a problem that i hope this forum can help me solve. When the MIFI is charging it seems that the power to the USB port is turned off. I read the forum before i bought them but it seems some posts were a bit misleading. It can be read that a MIFI device will cut USB power while it is charging, which to me implies that once the battery is charged it will restore USB power.

From my testing it would seem that a MIFI device will always cut power to the USB port regardless of the battery charge state. Once the MIFI is externally powered there is no USB power.

So this raises some questions:

• Is a MIFI device always charging or will it stop charging the battery when it is full?
  • If a MIFI device does stop charging the battery why doesn't it restore USB power?
  • What is the GPIO number to control power to the USB port?
I can't use the suggestions here in the forum to manually control the USB power because it would seem that the alias for the GPIO according to LEDE source isn't there:

#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_LED_WAN 27
#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_LED_LAN 16
#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_LED_WLAN 1
#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_LED_NET 0
#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_LED_3GCONTROL 7

#define GL_MIFI_GPIO_BTN_RESET

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Acea

Hi, the USB-A power cut problem is due to the battery charging chip, not gpio control. So now if you connect external power, the USB-A power will be cut. If you use batteries, USB-A will work.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately this raises more questions and still leaves some from before:

• Is a MIFI device always charging or will it stop charging the battery when it is full?
  • If a MIFI device does stop charging the battery why doesn’t it restore USB power?
  • Is this USB power cut by design or is it a bug?
  • When you say "So now if you connect external power..." does that imply that it won't do that in the future?
Thanks!

Acea

I have questions too. Can mifi battery be use like an UPS with it contently connected to AC power and if power goes out it will use battery?

Will this be suitable in the long run? PCB version is v2.1

We also notice that battery does not finish charging when it is turned on. The fourth LED just keeps flashing until unit is turned off is that normal?

Thanks!