What purpose has script firewall_gl?

Hi, I’m new to this forum.

I recently purchased a GL-AR150 router that shall work as WLAN Access Point. WAN port is not connected.

On openwrt I read that for a dumb access point the firewall can / should be disabled. However as the WAN port is not connected I would expect to let the firewall activated. Any hints for this?

Furthermore I stumbled upon the script firewall_gl. What is it’s purpose? Can it be disabled?

Thank you very much in advance!

If you want to use it as a dumb access point, why you don’t connect WAN port?

If you use as dumb AP, the firewall is not useful, you can just disable it by /etc/init.d/firewall stop; /etc/init.d/firewall disable

firewall_gl is used to deal with ports open. You can just read the script.

Thank you for your quick reply!

I want the devices connected to the GL-AR150-WLAN to share my home network. That is why I’m using the GL-AR150 as bridge between LAN and WLAN. DHCP is disabled in the GL-AR150 and it’s working fine so far. DHCP, internet access and all the other stuff is done by the main router.

Would you suggest another configuration?

firewall_gl: Sorry, I should have been more precise: I saw it’s opening the port for WAN access but also another port 6911 for bit torrent(?). I’m just interested in what the latter is needed for.

well it is old now. There was a function to download directly to the router using bt and a port has to be opened. But now it is not needed.