Which router should I get - Connect from remote location to use Home Internet

Could you explain a bit more about how the IT team will find out that I am not at home address? If I have vpn server router at home and bring a travel vpn router with me, and turn off GPS on my work laptop, will the IT team still figure that out? or what other measures do you recommend to hide my track?

Depends on how good your IT team is, how good you are, and to some extent where you’re going.

Don’t check your email or visit any work related site on your phone, don’t go to personal sites on your work computer, make sure the work computer never connects to a non-VPN source, etc. The problem is that humans aren’t very reliable at doing this stuff because it’s inconvenient and they screw up sooner or later. And depending on how good your adversary is and how much they care, the number of times you have to mess up can be as low as 1 - and there are far more ways to mess up than I just listed.

In some sense this is a case where to ask the question is to answer it.

1 Like

Quick question:

I got 2 slate ax, created a vpn server on one and download the configuration to add it to the other one as a client. took the 2nd one, uplaod the configuration, now is setup as a client.

What would be the next step to complete the process? If I were to use it as is, will it make any connection go through the VPN to make sure nothing leaks?

Does firmware 4 have a killswitch?

Hi,
yes, it does, but it’s called now “Block Non-VPN Traffic”. It must be on, if you need it.

1 Like

And that needs to be “ON” on the client side right?

Yep. To prevent leaks, the checkbox must be enabled. This option is only available on the client side, server side doesn’t need it.
Also, if you need to use the Internet without VPN, then this checkbox should be disabled.

1 Like

Hey,
regarding this “ON” on the Client side. If I activate it on my personal computer, will this function automatically work/kill connection e.g on the work laptop and any other device connected to the router or is it necessery to activate the “ON” button on each device seperately?

It’s a setting on the router so it will kill all traffic no matter which device.