WiFi Pineapple NANO v1.0.6 firmware

Hi all, was looking for Moebius,

got an ar150 to try openwrt.

I am a newbe (noobs) to linux, embedded linux and so on.

Tried your recipe to build pineapple nano for ar150 (see post #18623).

The ar150 boots up nicely. My second usb wifi adapter lights up.

My question is why I dont get the 172.16.42.1 ip address for the machine ?

I got the 192.168.1.1 IP address that is the same listed on the pineapple 10.6 bin squashfs-root binwalk extracted

etc/config/preinit files

pi_ifname=
pi_ip=192.168.1.1
pi_broadcast=192.168.1.255
pi_netmask=255.255.255.0

I know I should study the openwrt manual (and I swear I tried to understand the logic of the system:

started from pdf slides about embedded linux and buildroot from free electrons) but so far everything is so confusing

thats why I am asking for help.

Is there anywhere a way to understand/learn figure out how openwrt starts ? I understood preinit is just the beginning after bootloader

but after that is very difficult to me ! Something like a flow chart or a short manual with the process/program/daemon invoked after start

to understand why the preinit IP address 192.168.1.1 isnt changed in 172.16.42.1 as per your recipe ??

Sorry I was maybe too long, I am trying to learn both the terminology and the logic underneat linux based routing devices.

Thank You in advance for Your time and effort

I appreciate

Bests

P.

Could be lots of things man. Are you connected to the WAN port per my guide? Maybe the new firmware comes with a different default IP address… let us know if you can solve it… should be out of the box…

Good luck!

Hi I am working with openwrt trunk repository and 1.0.6 pineapple firmware. Recon mode works so far. Tried with files directory from 1.1.3 pineapple firmware but

in this case recon mode doesnt work wlan1 gets named wlan1mon and doesnt work.

Do you know wich repo of openwrt applies to your instruction ?? maybe 15.0.5 or 15.01 ??

I believe https://github.com/domino-team/openwrt-cc described in your instruction has been updated as well in the meanwhile.

Talking about y binary from openwrt trunk and wifi nano 1.0.6 my /etc/config/network file

gets changed during power on

config interface ‘lan’
option ifname ‘eth0’
option type ‘bridge’
option proto ‘static’
option ipaddr ‘172.16.42.1’
option netmask ‘255.255.255.0’
option gateway ‘172.16.42.42’
option dns ‘8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4’

gets overwritten by

config interface ‘lan’
option ifname ‘eth0’
option type ‘bridge’
option proto ‘static’
option ipaddr ‘172.16.42.1’
option netmask ‘255.255.255.0’
option gateway ‘172.16.42.42’
option dns ‘8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4’

option force_link ‘1’

option ipaddr ‘192.168.1.1’

option ip6assign ‘60’

any clue about what’s going on ??

A second question about usb hub on gl.inet ar150 with wifi pineapple nano 1.0.6.

I created the binary image with usb support: kmod-usb2 kmod-usb-core and kmod-usb-ohci

lsubs shows ar150 root hub

my usb 2.0 four port hub

and both the usb wifi adapters I plugged into my hub

ifconfig -a shows both wlan0 and wlan0-1 (ar150 antenna) and my two adapters wlan1 and wlan2

but if I try ifup wlan1 or ifup wlan2

the shell replies interface wlan1 not found or interface wlan2 not found .

As far as I understood in openwrt wlan interfaces should not go in /etc/config/network and config directory doesnt have the wireless file anymore

the system should scan for them and load them at start up. Am I wrong ?? What I am missing here too ???

Thank You for your time and patience

Bests

P.