Wifi preference

I have an environment where there are multiple SSID’s, one is open and one is private. There are times where there are a lot more signals in the area and the open is more available then the private but it is preferred to be on the private network. I could probably set this up using wpa_supplicant on the backend, but wanted to see if there was anything pre-written that I missed.

Thanks,

The two SSIDs are different, right?

If you use wifi repeater to connect two different SSIDs, now there is no way to configure priority like you said.

1 Like

Ended up finding a good package for this,

1 Like

While it’s good there is a package, I would suggest that prioritising the different wifi networks for repeating as a feature.

For example (and the situation I’m in): I’m at a home stay with 2 wireless networks, a 802.11ac mesh network and an ISP’s device with a different 802.11n network. The mesh network is usually fine and would be my first choice. However, it it has issues (and it does) then I’d like my GL-AXT1800 to switch to the ISP’s device network. Better still, once the mesh network resolves its problems, ideally the GL-AXT1800 switches back to that.

Granted, in a perfect world, I’d have wired access which would be better than either of those, but this is a time that I don’t.