Wireless: one radio use client and server?

If I have GL with one radio (2.4) and want use it for client mode to connect to other wifi but also use like local wifi with GL doing the DHCP services. It is very important I do not want DHCP coming from original Wifi.

This is something that is possible to do? How do I confugure? Thank you.

This is WISP repeater.

Which mod do you have?

Pls check the docs.gl-inet.com for WISP setup.

@alzhao

Pls check the docs.gl-inet.com for WISP setup.

I already look at this page. Searching for “WISP” shows " To set up repeater in WISP mode, first Click Repeater tab in Internet Settings "

But it is not say where is “Repeater tab” or “Internet Settings.” I am not find these in Luci.

Okay I see. Later I find this in GL interface. But continue having new problems.

First problem. When I use GL software for make connection I have connection for 30 seconds. After no. But if I use Luci works all time but does not WISP.

Second problem. I use GL for create wifi connection (as access point in second menu) but never saves. I always come back and SSID is “root” also I no see it in laptop wifi settings.

Could be problem with GL UI?

You don’t need LUCI to do what you want - it’s the first setting in the GL UI (V3 firmware).

Internet > Repeater > Scan

First, you need to tell which firmware you are using. If you are using 3.x, don’t read docs of 2.x. The docs has screenshots etc. that helps to understand.

@alzhao I using firmware 2.27. Thank you.

You don’t mention what model you have but try upgrading to v3 testing firmware (or release if it available).

Then this is the guide for you. There are pictures so I think it is quite straightforward.

@alzhao Yes I already try this guide. I say this before. But is no working and here are the problems:

First problem. When I use GL software for make connection I have connection for 30 seconds. After no. But if I use Luci works all time but does not WISP.

Second problem. I use GL for create wifi connection (as access point in second menu) but never saves. I always come back and SSID is “root” also I no see it in laptop wifi settings so GL wifi not broadcasting.

Thank you.

Start from scratch - upgrade to V3 firmware (testing if release not available) - don’t keep settings and try again.
Don’t make any changes in Luci, just do it in the GL UI.

@glitch @alzhao “testing” is safe? I am use this router for most important works. If something doesn’t works on 3 testing for example OpenVPN I will have too big problems.

@glitch @alzhao Which firmwares is the one that is default? I want download default because maybe 3 testing is not good?

But I see “openwrt” and default have GL firmware. GL firmware is same as “lede” maybe?

V3 testing is safe and fine - try it, everyone else is!

Which model do you have again?

@glitch You give me bad advize. I try v3 and it not safe not fine. I have exact same problems I was have in 2 but also I am not able to OpenVPN for version 3.

So I try go back to 2.27 but is not good version because now router have no text anywheres. Now this is two or three time you tell me something not true (or maybe so many time because you say so many things about tor that say nothing). I think is very nice for you always trying answering but never having correct answer is better if you not say nothings I think. The persons working at GL have more qualifications.

@alzhao I using 300m. Please advice me how I should use WISP mode because when I try v3 I am continue have no wifi network from GL. Also when I change wifi name for GL it not accept (actually yes accept but refresh and go back for default.)

V3 is much secure than v2. We will disable v2 after we publish v3.

I don’t know what you are talking about. You’d better post with screenshot etc.

The why are you using it now (as per your other post in another thread)?

@glitch

The why are you using it now (as per your other post in another thread)?

I already explains that. Because you no like to write explains I will say only “search the forum” if you want answer.