X750 spitz slow 4g speeds

Hi all,

I’ve got an issue with slow and inconsistent speeds on the x750.

I purchased it a few days ago as it seemed to be better to use it directly with a sim instead of tethering with my phone on the ar750.

Since connecting it the download speeds absolutely suck - I’m not using a VPN.

It seems to be limited to about 20mb down. Upstream seems to go up to 30 or 40 at times.

What’s with this? I messaged support who said:

" This is due to differences in hardware.
The phone may support CAT11 or CAT18, but the router usually works on CAT4.

If you have purchased EP06, the router can work on CAT6"

Which isn’t very helpful at all.

I have the EP06 version. Surely this can’t be limited to 20mb down???

I’ve 2 Sims and 3 phones, I’ve tried the sims in each phone and get 90mb down and sometimes 90mb up.

But when using the Spitz I’m getting 20/20 tops… I’m not really happy with this considering the price of this thing. I’d expect more performance for that price.

I’m in the UK, I’m connecting to Band 7, which gives me lower latency than band 3 by about 20ms.
Mobiles on 3 or 7 achieve much higher speeds than the Spitz.

Any advice? Is this the absolute limit? If so I’m sending it back for a refund.

Or have I configured it wrong?

Thanks

1 Like

Can you post the cell info which you can get from the web UI?

You mean this?

type
servingcell
state
NOCONN
mode
FDD
mcc
mnc
cellid
34CB06
pcid
earfcn
band
ul_bandwidth
20M
dl_bandwidth
20M
tac
2B8F
rsrp
rsrq
rssi
sinr
srxlev

rat
LTE

Blockquote

and band 3

type
servingcell
state
NOCONN
mode
FDD
mcc
mnc
cellid
65D202
pcid
earfcn
band
ul_bandwidth
20M
dl_bandwidth
20M
tac
2B8F
rsrp
rsrq
rssi
sinr
srxlev

rat
LTE

dl_bandwidth is on Megahertzs, not on Megabytes, is the bandwidth than Carrier is warrantied to you.
you can use this web site to calculate the speed based on that info:

With that configuration (band: 3, dl_bandwidth: 20Mhz) you can get this results:

Band: 1800MHz, Uplink: 1710-1785MHz, Downlink: 1805-1880MHz

50Mbps ↓ & 25Mbps ↑

Even with your calculations in not even getting those speeds and I am using band 7 as it gives lower latency. So based on that site I should be getting 150/50
I’m barely getting 20/20

Do you have different APN settings for your carrier?

I’ve tried different APN settings. It doesn’t seem to make a difference.

The masts that I connect to are about 400 meters away. There’s one to my north and one to my south. But there are other masts closer which are band 3 but I am unable to carrier aggregation on band 3 & 7.

It always comes up as 3&3 - so I force 7 as my phone’s connect to 7 by default and I can get 90/90 on them - I’ve even got 120/50 on them before.

So it’s not my carrier. At least I don’t think it is.

Well, I’m using two different modems over Orange (Spain), a Huawei ME909-521 and I got 20/30 (and is a class 3!) and using a Quectel EP06 I got 50Mbps using two external MIMO antennas and configuring the Carrier aggregation using the AT command:
AT+QCFG=“band”,8d0,1a1880800d5,0
You can get more info here: https://www.ltehacks.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=674

For that reason is that we use LTE-A Carrier Aggregation, almost all recent (and decent) phones have modems with carrier aggregation support (> LTE CAT6), which is necessary because all carriers have super–congested cells and you need to aggregate several channels to get a decent speed.

I’m using band 7 because it’s lower latency.

Which antennas should I buy? Any recommendation?

Downstream keeps fluctuating like crazy but upstream can be stable at 40mb.

Any reason for this?

How much speed is that?

15-50mb.

Strange that my phone gets 90+ up and down on the same network.

It can no way compete with your phone.

4G uses different frequencies when downloading and uploading. Maybe it is because of the antenna performance. Maybe not. Sorry not sure.

I bought new antenna which seem to perform slightly better than the standard ones that come with the X750.

What’s the deal with this thing, seems to be massively bottlenecked somewhere and getting really bad bufferbloat since using it.

1 Like

I’m having the same speed problem with TMobile in US. Will aggregation commands work for the Spitz? Is there a newer card than can be used with my SIM to allow speeds similar to my cell phone?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem in tmobile us as well. I think this device is very disappointing.

2 Likes

Does anyone knows the AT command to configure CA with Bands 1,3,7,20 ?

Thanks

This might help.