$20/mo Unlimited AT&T Tablet Plan for X750 EP06-A

I’ve found a $20/mo standalone AT&T tablet plan (meaning you don’t have to have an account already and don’t have to have unnecessary lines on the account) with unlimited data. It works great in the X750 with EP06-A module or in the XE300 or AP1300 with EP06-A modules. Even supports 4K streaming!

Instructions for setting up this particular plan are difficult to come by, since it can only be ordered over the phone or in person speaking to an AT&T rep (this standalone tablet plan does not show up on AT&T’s website). This plan also doesn’t seem to be susceptible to the frequent disconnects experienced with the Prepaid Unlimited Data plan commonly used in modems.

Here is a link with detailed instructions (Yes, it is an eBay link, but the instructions on the page are completely FREE. The item is not meant to be purchased): https://www.ebay.com/itm/154440143594

Question- I have a device that’s essentially a Mediatek chipset running Androld with an LTE modem on it, that speaks RNDIS out the USB port and WiFi and I use that as a USB WWAN device to my AR-750S (as prefer the features and Ethernet ports of my Slate over the WiFi interface the dongle has).

If I were to run the TTL change iptables command listed ("iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64") on the Slate, do you think it would have any effect (the “MiFi” device is also running NAT)?

It should, but the TTL and selected device may need to be changed for your use case. I would try this instead: iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING 1 -j TTL --ttl-set 65

I don’t know a whole lot about networking, so I’m not sure if the MiFi device would reset the TTL of the outgoing packets as it routes them, but my guess is that it wouldn’t. With the script above, I think the packets should leave the Slate with a TTL of 65, and then leave the “MiFi” device with a TTL of 64.