2021, gl-inet Firmware Firmware 3.211 Beta1, security and performance unfriendly default wifi settings on simple GUI

The firmware are set to follow security and performance unfriendly WIFI settings by web interface of gl router:
pls wait

The firmware are set to follow security and performance unfriendly WIFI settings by web interface of gl router:

• cannel setting on 2,4 GHz to one static channel (perhaps the 11)
  • channel setting on 5 GHz to channel (perhaps the 36)
  • the wifi security is config by default to the some years broken WPA2 although the gl router supports a WPA2/WPA3 combi mode, which are not ideal from security point, a can used by outdated WPA2 and actual WPA3 devices

The follow settings should be a better default setting:

• set the channel on 2,4 GHz to auto, because they are some different channel ranges around the world and some router are not hard configured to the same channel
  • set the channel on 5 GHz to auto, because they are some different channel ranges around the world and some router are not hard configured to the same channel
  • change the WiFi security config default value to more actual WPA2/WPA3 combi mode. This one is not ideal from security point of view, a it can be used by outdated WPA2 clients and actual WPA3 clinets. So not 100% of WiFi connections are weak.

Remark:
The full list of found and solved bugs, realisized asked product improvements and possible additional proposal for product improvements can be found on:

I got now a maximum edit error message, so I have to wait 12 hour at minimum for reporting details…

Now I was able to add the information above.
The links to the related old bug and improvements messages will be follow a little bit later.

I am not a full-time gl stuff…
I am a customer.

It may not be a bad idea to add information like on the following pages that offer SSID and WIFI key setup forms:

SSID
Lenght: 0 - 32 carachter

Allowed character:
[A-Z, a-z, 0-9, " ", _ - ! „ # $ % & ’ ( ) * + , . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ ` { | } ~]

Not allowed character:
[Ä, Ö, Ü, ä, ö, ü, ß, €, §]

WIFI Key:

WiFi key:
Lenght: 0 - 64 carachter

Allowed character:
[A-Z, a-z, 0-9, " ", _ - ! „ # $ % & ’ ( ) * + , . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ ` { | } ~]

Not allowed character:
[Ä, Ö, Ü, ä, ö, ü, ß, €, §]

It can be you are able to find a way to write it in a way which are more short.
Please double check it. I am not 100% sure about the details.

@Henry_Bruns : What about Google translator, deepl, or whatsoever? Would be less exhausting for others to follow you…

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one - out of hundreds of his incessant ramblings I’ve understood precisely zero!

What is your native language ?

What is your native language ?

我的英语当然比我的中文好。我可能只知道20或30个坎儿井。
你会说多少种和哪些语言?

@Henry_Bruns I understand that English is not your primary language. Just like me.

But please keep your posts minimal, short and straight to the point. We find it very difficult to understand what you are trying to say because it can be confusing

1 Like