3 days old AX 1800 timeouts, connections dropping and unresponsive ui

Thanks. It’s my last issue with this „Travel Router“. Please let me know it’s working for you with this setup. (Restrict internet applications=active).

At first, sorry: I’ve read AXT1800. So I tested it on my Slate AX.
I’ve got no flint, because of too much power consumption and no DECT support.

But I do thing the devices are similar.

I’m using the Firmware 4.0.3 Release 1 GL.iNet download center
For the flint is 4.0.1 available: GL.iNet download center

I’m writing this from a laptop, connected to the Slate AX via LAN, connected to the Fritz!Box Guest network, with activated ‘restricted internet access’ and standard filters (blacklist empty, BPjM).

Edit: Tested on following setup.
Inet - Fritz!Box 7590 [Mesh master] - (LAN 25m) - Fritz!Box 7490 [Mesh Repeater] - (WLAN 20cm) - Slate AX - (LAN 50cm) - Laptop

@LupusE

I did some more tests after your post today. And I found the problem on my settings. Not sure why, but I must enable IPv6 on the Slate. I didn’t use IPv6 at my home WLAN. But anyway now works with enabled IPv6.

Thanks for your support.

3 Likes

As I installed the firmware fresh, I am pretty sure IPv6 is not active in my Slate AX.
But my network itself is fully IPv6 enabled, up to the Provider.

Two things would be interesting:

1. The DHCP given date in on the page ‘Internet’ (Flint) with IPv6 enabled and disabled.
  2. Do you know the ‘Capture’ function of the Fritz!Box? Just take a look at the Dump of the guest network, when your Flint is connecting and compare with a mobile phone.
    This is somehow expert level, but could really help to understand the issue.

Hotel should be different. They drop your connection completely.

Na wa oo. This is how you left the main purpose of this thread to discuss something else

@LupusE

After reset the firmware it’s working now. Not sure which setting was wrong. Thanks again