4.1.x FW Multi-WAN Load Balance "Load Ratio" values

Each available WAN interface has a number between 0 and 10; what does this value mean?

Are higher values higher or lower priority? How does the Ratio work?

This is explained in the UI.

For example, if you set a 6:3 (equivalent to 2:1) load ratio for repeater and cellular. for every 3 new connections created, 2 will use repeater and 1 will use cellular.

1 Like

OK, thank you … I seriously wasn’t getting it from the UI :open_mouth: but your explanation does.

this is not working for me

cellular: 10
eth1: 2
repeater: 1

all the traffic goes to eth1

1 Like

What is your firmware version?

I’ve tried all the available firmware for Puli AX, including the snapshot build, and they are all the same.

Try cellular 1, ethernet 0, tethering 0 and see if that works. If not then disable connection tracking/monitoring so that it assumes cellular is on permanently. Report back.

Hi,can you ssh into the router, type the following commands, and send me their results?

ip r s
cat /proc/gl-kmwan/status

Does “connection” = “client”? So, in your example, two clients are piped through repeater and one through cellular? Or is “connection” more technical related to backbone traffic or something like that and the traffic of the “clients” is more “balanced”?

No, it’s not a client. The two applications in your one client will also establish different data flows, and just might use different interfaces.
There are specific cases where an application will also use multiple connections, such as certain download tools.

1 Like