5G Router

I think there is room for 2 different products here. A larger, fuller featured Spitz/Collie replacement with beefy antennas and no battery vs a smaller battery powered mobile Mudi replacement. I’m more excited for something small that I can slip in my pocket or sling bag that doesn’t need a separate power bank to keep running. Something that I can use to provide a group of 4-10 people with connectivity (a couple families) while walking through a city. A nighthawk killer with the GL.iNet software.

Good morning

Yes, I agree to that. Looks like some people here want a big device with loads of performance, but others (incl myself) need a unit half the size and weight of an iPhone.

And a good morning to you too… I definitely do not want a big device but you are right about the performance. Having no battery will make it smaller, cooler to run, much more durable and also much cheaper to produce. My Brume with a compact power bank combined are still smaller than my Nighthawk M1 with the option of leaving the battery behind when using it in the car, van or anywhere else really that I can plug my phone charger to. I am yet to come across a situation where I have thought that I am missing the M1 when on the move.

Yes, that’s true.
I use a new MacBook Pro, the battery lasts up to 12 hours anyway, I can easily share some power to that unit.
Maybe our input helps here.

1 Like

From glinet blog 29.12.22,

Spitz AX (GL-X3000) is a Wi-Fi 6 4G/5G Cellular Router designed for high-speed internet usage with a failover cellular connection, or for scenarios without access to ethernet connection, including recreational vehicles traveling in remote locations.

Puli AX (GL-XE3000) comes with everything that Spitz AX has plus a built-in 12000mAh battery. It provides users with fast and stable 5G connectivity and an auxiliary power supply for portable use in vehicle deployments.

1 Like

This 5G router is very interesting.

I would love to have 5G cellular option added to Slate AX (GL-AXT1800) / Beryl AX (GL-MT3000).
Don’t need battery but do need a powerful CPU to run WireGuard at high speed (like in Slate AX).

As for now, probably will try combination of Spitz AX + Slate AX connected together via Ethernet cable.

If you are in Europe then forget the Spitz and just get a Teltonika and use it with GL.iNet. A bit pricey for a 4G router but nothing beats it and the speeds on mine are faster than what I get on my 5G ZTE router. They are essentially undestructable and are perfect for when you are on the move and their software is also top notch.

I was thinking in your case, a Spitz AX would suffice? The Spitz AX has the same CPU performance as the Beryl AX.