Adguard home - Brume Gl2500

Now I have logs for the last 6 minutes,

Any solution here???

What version of AGH are you running?

Version: v0.107.26, last updated from GL,

I tested it for two days and It only able to save block information for the most recent day.

I’m in touch with the author of AdguardHome.

You could also ask questions directly at AdguardHome,too.

This is a very old version and unlikely to get much support from the developer other than saying to upgrade to the latest version and try again. I would recommend upgrading. You can follow my example here on upgrading.

Thanks, for me, it seems a little complex steps. Any chance to do something wrong that can cause issues with my device?

Why Doesn’t GL update the ADH to the last version?

Thank you, let me know about the solution

Do the following and I’ll add support to my updater script:

From a ssh prompt:
opkg install file
then
file /usr/bin/AdGuardHome
then
cat /proc/gl-hw-info/model

Send me the output of those commands

1 Like

Thanks, I am traveling now and will return in two days, and I will do that.

Hi shieldtv61:

You need to change a configuration ‘/etc/AdGuardHome/config.yaml’ manually:Set ‘file_enabled’ to true.

Then restart device or AdGuardHome.

My Brume GL-MV1000W has “true” as the AdGuard Home default setting, but my Brume 2 GL-MT2500 has “false” as the default. I noticed the difference when I compared the config.yaml files during the migration from Brume to Brume 2 and set it to “true” also.

It seems it has changed on the newer AdGuard Home version(s) for some reason. I think the GL.iNet firmware should set it to “true” as the default because it is obscure and requires SSH login.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

By default the GL.iNet AGH install will write your log files to /tmp which gets erased on reboot. I would recommend moving it to you mmc drive, if you have one. Another issue with tmp is that it may be very small. On Beryl MT1300’s it’s 120MB.

I run AdGuard Home 24/7 as a DNS server and only reboot for maintenance or if there is a problem (in months), which is acceptable for me. If storage is a problem, why was the previous default set to “true”? What is the name of the log files in /tmp?

For 7 days of logs, I did not encounter any /tmp problem on my GL-MV1000W. The /tmp on my GL-MT2500 is 512MB and other newer routers probably have a larger /tmp also. I suppose there “may” be a /tmp problem for the maximum 90 days of logs.

I checked on my Brume 2 GL-MT2500 and could not find AdGuard Home log files in /tmp. I believe the log file is /etc/AdGuardHome/data/querylog.json and, if so, would not get erased on reboot.

Your stats.db and querylog.json files will always be in your working directory which you can find by ps |grep -i adguardhome. The -w signifies the working directory. This is normally set by your startup script which you can find by find / -name S*uard*. It’ll likely be in the /etc/rc.d directory. For v4 beta 1 on MT1300 the default was /tmp for the working directory.

This is from my GL-MT2500:

GL-MT1300 is older on Firmware 3. GL-MT2500 is newer on Firmware4.

Did you cut anything off the response? I’ve not seen adguard started without a working directory specified. Obviously, your working directory is /etc/AdGuardHome though

What is the output of your cat /etc/config/adguardhome? This is what the startup script references.

Hi wcs2228:

There are two reasons to consider:
1, It takes up flash storage space;
2, Frequent reads and writes reduce the flash life;

So the new firmware set it to ‘false’.

Does that mean GL-MT2500 has less flash storage space than GL-MV1000W and reads/writes affect the newer router more?

My GL-MT2500 has a “/” root size of 7.19 GB (6.76 GB free) flash and my GL-MV1000W has a “/” root size of 489 MB (317 MB free) flash. In terms of flash wear, when you use things, they eventually wear out and you just have to buy a new one, so you should let the owner decide through a UI because the setting is not available in the AdGuard Home UI.