AdGuard Home running but no blocking?!

Hey all.

I have the opal router and I’m just having trying to set it up so I can take advantage of some of the cool things it offers but I’m struggling with AdGuard in particular.

I have installed the plug in and can see it’s doing “ something” but if I go to any ad guard blocking testing sites inc the AdGuard site to test it detects no blocking is going on?
If I then run some ad and pop up tests on various ad testing sites none of them are blocked?

Am I missing something here?

Also I can’t for the life of me get AdGuard updated and just keeps showing me the following?

Please can anyone help me!? I’m looking at a flint 2 for the home, but if these things are not so simple to sort then I may look elsewhere :disguised_face:

I did see this under set up. Am I meant to change the router to these DNS addresses?

You should enable in the router GUI
DNS > Override DNS Settings for All Clients

All devices must use the router as the DNS server to make Adguard work.

About updating: You can enable updating, but it might break stuff when you upgrade the router firmware. I would not recommend it.

exactly what happened to me, I updated the firmware and the adguard was broken lol.

1 Like

If your Adguard broken, you could follow this guide

Thanks all. I will have a look at this.

I’m trying to also find out how to connect the gl.inet routers when using sky.

Sky don’t use pppoe and use something called dhcp option 61 apparently? It’s proving to be a pain in the ass as I can’t connect the router to the service when using a modem.

If anyone in sky has managed to get this to work then I would love to know how you did it!

It depends on how much effort you want to invest.
I would start with something like this: Sky and DHCP 60/61 - #16 by johnboy - Network and Wireless Configuration - OpenWrt Forum

Cheers mate. Looks like a right faff but I’m determined to crack it!