Hello, first of all, I love my Brume! It serves us well. Recently, I’ve been able to obtain my pppoe credentials so instead of double NAT I removed my internet provider’s router and use the Brume now as main gateway / router and DHCP server at home. I have FTTH and the ONT connects to the Brume’s WAN port. Everything is working fine, I hav tagged internet with vlan 100 as this is necessary and also this works correctly.
The next step is now to enable AdGuardHome and I can’t seem to get it to work. When starting AdGuard I lose my internet connection.
Custom DNS settings: DNS Rebinding Attack Protection ON, rest of the settings are off as per recommendations here (no custom DNS enabled, I will enable this in AdGuardHome settings)
Can you access Internet if AdGuardHome is turned off?
Do you see any activity in the AdGuardHome portal at Port 3000 when you try accessing Internet?
In SSH, can you show outputs from “nslookup google.com” and from “traceroute 188.8.131.52”.
I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet
Yes, internet works when without AdGuard is off. No activity found (everything is 0) when AdGuard is on and I check the stats page.
This is the output with AdGuard off:
traceroute to 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 console.gl-inet.com (192.168.8.1) 11.785 ms 4.508 ms 4.400 ms
2 * * *
3 10.183.73.17 (10.183.73.17) 13.703 ms 6.428 ms 6.696 ms
4 172.29.104.97 (172.29.104.97) 5.910 ms 5.359 ms 6.229 ms
5 * * *
6 172.29.1.109 (172.29.1.109) 23.104 ms 16.171 ms 15.256 ms
7 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 15.246 ms
126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 15.931 ms
184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 16.830 ms
8 * * *
9 dns.google (18.104.22.168) 16.564 ms 15.625 ms 16.619 ms
Thank you. I’ve commented out the line with “list dns …” out to try but also that didn’t work. It was there for a reason probably. I already did a full factory reset last week and after that I only applied the pppoe login and the vlan tagging so there are not many custom settings. Not sure what else to try.
I’m using and external AP (Ruckus R510) so not using any wireless adapter directly on the Brume. This shouldn’t be an issue I assume as with AGH off it’s all working. I read that the luci package is not maintained anymore and therefore not recommended.
Yes AGH should work out of the box and it did for me until I upgraded to 3.203 and then no more. As for luci not being maintained anymore I would suggest that Brume as a product is not too much different. It was one of the very last to get 3.203 and as I said, still waiting on wpa3.
I’ll leave it for now like this and might to a custom install like the from from the OpenWrt Forum or upgrade AdGuard another time to a newer version (not through the update button…). For now the main prio is that it works! Also speed is good and getting the full 600mb up/down for now through the Brume from my FTTH. Perfect.
I now notice that after the factory reset and enabling AGH it automatically applied the below DNS setting in the GUI. Prior to the factory reset this DNS setting was not enabled/visible after I turned AGH on… So probably some sort of bug where it couldn’t apply or overwrite the DNS settings whilst I did turn custom DNS setting off before enabling AGH .
Adguard Home was available before it was used on the MV1000W, but after the firmware version was upgraded to 3.201, there was a problem and the DNS was not normal.
Considering its flaws in filtering web ads and taking up too much memory, I found a better replacement tool.
As for DNS, I upgraded the built-in solutions to the system and can now be used.