AdGuardHome on GL routers

AR300M is not strong enough to run Adguardhome.

But it is listed as compatible in the original post. Or am I mistaken?

Sure you can run it, but performance will be very bad.

Problem is, I can’t even get it to run.

update adghome to Version: v0.106.0-b.1 on my ar750 3.201-0403
seems to be okay

here were my steps

1. setup extroot

2. installed adghome

3. started and checked service was working and stopped service

4. downloaded mips Version: v0.106.0-b.1 .gz file

5. extracted file and scp 20mb adguardhome file /root

6. mv /etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome to /etc/AdGuardHomeAdGuardHome2

7. copied /root/AdGuardHome to /etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome
    symbolic link in /usr/bin/AdGuardHome still existed and pointed to new file no changes
    restarted service

if you wish to go back to original version I recommend backing up /etc/AdGuardhome/config.yaml to /root before launching new file. I believe launching the newer versions may make changes that original has trouble with launch back to the settings page.

Can we just install AdguardHome through the Plugins? From this comment it seems possible.

not sure if it’s my setup but adghome is not reporting client sites visited info per client. all info is directed to 127.0.0.1 I place a client ip in /etc/host and then place the ip CIDR in client settings of agh. the rule sets work but not traffic gathered per client. disabled dhcp and used adg-dchp and still no per client traffic report. anyone else experiencing this (went back to original version behaves the same)

update: original issue was on ar750 but it also exits in build 0403 on the mv1000(noextroot of course) thought it might be a memory issue but it doesn’t seem to be. perhaps an adghome issue? this is I believe to be an important issue. per client policy and tracking logs is huge

1 Like

I believe adguardhome from their site is not a native ipk file gl-i devs repackage it as one.

same here on 3.105 Beta with AdguardHome integrated.

how do I get access to ip:3000 for the settings?
I installed on MT1300 from Plugins, and it opens the AdguardHome tab, however cannot enable and API not setup, but cannot get into Settings.

it opens a new browser tab pointing to port 3000, but cannot find it.
port is opened in the firewall.

tia.
Jordi

If i remember correctly the MT1300 does not support AdGuardHome.

ok, thanks.
that would explain then why it doesnt work… lol
cheers.

ip:3000 just means visit 192.168.8.1:3000 from your browser.
i’ve used it before on my AR750S. however it was a bit laggy hence i opted not to use it.

Anyone figure out how to run it on b1300

Hi,

I just bought the Beryl MT1300 which is one of the latest devices and when I try to run this I receive a WARNING: API not found when trying to activate after install.

Given this device just was released is it not able to run Adguard Home?

Thank you for any assistance.

You also need to install the gl-agh-stats package. If you had read the thread the same answer is given to the same question.

2 Likes

most eloquent/nonaggressive user test notes my pupils have ever seen. instead if gentle reader it is gentle writer… or maybe both? either way i appeciate both you and @luochongjun’s work.

1 Like

Will support be available on the Opal (GL-SFT1200)?

Adguard home? Not in this model.

Is that because it doesn’t run on the Siflower chip models? or is lacking enough power or something?