AdGuardHome on GL routers

I think both. Adguard Home needs more powerful CPU.

I use ADG on Opal. I am happy with it. Work stable for my 4 gadgets connected to this router.

Awesome! How do you install it?

It’s very simple. I installed two packages through the admin panel of the stock firmware. And disabled the DNS management of the router. It took 3 minutes. Packages gl-agh-stats and AdGuardHome.

After activating adguad home I cannot modify anything in the DNS option page.

When I need to connect tothe router as repeater for captive portal I cannot temporarly disable the dns rebinding protection.

Anyone know how to do this ?

You can try the following:

1. Turn off AdGuardHome
  2. Change DNS settings (DNS Rebinding Attack Protection appears already turned off)
  3. Log in through the public wifi captive portal
  4. Turn on AdGuardHome

It would be great if we were able to have VPN clients bypass AdGuard Home (otherwise it causing a DNS leak) or for AdGuard to follow VPN DNS (but only for VPN connected clients in case of using VPN Policy)

Why does it bother you? Turn on the kill switch and all the adguard requests will go to different random dns servers through the vpn tunnel. That way the VPN provider will not know your requests and the ISP will not know your requests.

VPN policy must also be configured so that all internal connections to the router went through the VPN.

Could you elaborate on the kill switch?

My main problem is that when the dns is routed via AdGuard, it’s causing a leak and geo-restrictions cannot be bypassed!

Use VPN for all process on the router: Generally, the traffic of all processes running on the router such as GoodCloud will be routed through VPN if there is a connected VPN client (e.g. WireGuard, OpenVPN). In this case, these processes will lose Internet if VPN is disconnected. In order to ensure a proper operation of these processes, you can disable this option. As a result, they will not use VPN.

See next post. This should work.

It works for me, please indicate here if it works in your case.

Hey, so I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. The main issue here is that when you enable the AdGuard process via the GL GUI, DNS requests are being forwarded to 127.0.0.1#3053 (meaning to the AdGuard instance running) and essentially VPN clients are forced to route their traffic via AdGuard.

Now this causes a DNS leak and it unfortunately breaks various websites that enforce geo-restrictions.

Whenever I go to download the file for my AR750 I get an XML error… am I doing something wrong?

What is it like? Can you send a screenshot?

This is on my iPad. Later I can post what happens on my Pc

You should download firmware from https://dl.gl-inet.com/

This is what I get when I go to download

How did you got that link? You should search via GL.iNet download center and download the firmware that the router shows you.