Admin login page (192.168.8.1) can't be reached

Hi, I’m running a GL-AR300M16-EXT (v2.27) in repeater mode. It seems to run nicely except I’m finding the router admin page at 192.168.8.1 - the default LAN ip for this device’s admin page - regularly becomes inaccessible. My browser (Opera) says …

This site can’t be reached
The web page at http://192.168.8.1/html/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Once this problem arises it doesn’t disappear until I completely reset the router to the factory settings. Has anyone else encountered this? I’m predominately streaming Netflix to a Chromecast when this happens.

Are you using WISP? So you mean the UI sometimes work, sometimes doesn’t appear?

Opera is a strange browser. Can you try others?

Yes via WISP. The source WiFi signal in my hotel isn’t the strongest. I wondered whether the router was overheating as the problem occurs approx 1 hour into a film.

Over the course of approximately 10 factory resets I’ve allowed the router to ‘cool down’ and it seemed to allow it to resume normal operation for a while longer (1 hour more?). That however didn’t work prior to the last factory reset and I was then forced to perform yet another factory reset. Strangely the router would still stream films even though the admin page was inaccessible. At this point I suspected that perhaps it was a software issue rather than a hardware one.

The problem occurred on Chrome as well as Opera. The same issue could be observed via another Android device too.

So to summarise, here are the combinations of behaviour observed:

1. Streaming of film stopped on Chromecast, left green light steady, middle green light flashing rapidly, red light flashing normally. Admin page inaccessible.

2. Streaming of film ok on Chromecast, left green light steady, middle green light flashing rapidly, red light flashing normally. Admin page inaccessible.

I will verify lights on router next it happens again, but i think that is accurate.

I’m loading the router with NordVPN ovpn configurations but not certain if they are active/enabled at the time of these issues.