Any router with dual-band (2.4 and 5ghz) and external antenna available?

Hi,

Im using the GL-MT300A to extend the range of my Lumix LX100 camera. The camera sits an a very high tripod, so I have to control it via the remote app on my android phone. Big problem is the 2.4Ghz WiFi band. Im using this setup in an Environment, that produces heavy interference in the 2.4Ghz band and even if I have full signal strength the connection is unstable and most packages drop at a distance over one meter.

What should work is connecting to the cam over 2.4Ghz to the router (which is directly under the camera and on the tripod) and my smartphone over 5GHz to the router. Sadly the MT300A doesn’t support 5Ghz (wasn’t there some kind of daughter-board that should add support for 5GHz?). The 750A has 5Ghz, but is larger and has no external antennas.

Is there anything from GL.iNet, that fits my needs?

• 2.4 and 5Ghz simultaneously
  • external antennas
  • form factor like MT300A
Thanks, Rincewind

Hi Rincewind,

We will have external antenna verson of AR750. Unfortunately, we don’t have small size as MT300A. The case is so small. We used to have AR300MD but it hit up quickly. So we made a bigger AR750.

When will the external antenna version be released?

It’s the Slate, AR750s :slight_smile:

… and TBH the Slate’s about the size of a pack of cigarettes with the antennas folded down, it’s “small” for sure

I see it now… thanks. Popular item it appears.
I was hoping for removable external antennas so I could replace one with a remote antenna (mobile applications). I don’t imagine it would be too difficult for me to modify though.

Did you find a way to attach external antennas to the Slate? Does removal of the small built-in antennas reveal an SMA interface?

The Slate has u.FL connectors to the antennas. You need to get a u.FL to SMA pigtail extension to use your own antennas :slight_smile: